40 litre Tropical Community Tank Improvement 2022

Full tank pic:

Attachments

• IMG_20220202_183458.jpg
    IMG_20220202_183458.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 69
If you have gorilla super glue I would recommend gluing the moss to a rock or a piece of hardscape, as:
A) The plants grow better like that and won't get tossed around by the flow(Trust me it's not fun having pieces of moss all over the tank)
B) It looks better and then all the ugly yellow parts will be covered by pretty green parts :)

Also what is that floating plant? It looks like one of those carpeting plants.
EDIT: Oh never mind those are floaters

One more thing: That light doesn't seem high enough. Some of those plants could use more light.

Is superglue toxic for fish and snails? I am definitely considering getting plant glue anyways because I will soon propagate some anubias.
Superglue is safe to use, I use it for my aquatic plants too. It cures as soon as it's placed in water too. It does look white when it cures though, so apply it carefully to the wood pieces, or you risk runny white streaks on your wood. I recommend using a cotton bud or something to dab the glue exactly where you want it, and placing the piece into a bucket of water once you've fixed your moss in place to cure it before adding it to the tank, and to wash off any loose pieces of moss into the bucket, rather than into your tank.

UPDATE :
The Myriophyllum mattogrossense has become straighter and the stem is pointing towards the light as opposed to yesterday when it was droopy.
EXTRA:
Not really to do with the improvement of the tank but my fishes' fav food, NovoTab, came today(delivery).

Attachments

• IMG_20220203_171614.jpg
    IMG_20220203_171614.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 56
I just soak wood until it sinks. Some has sunk is a few days, other pieces have taken several weeks.
Other people soak wood until it stops leaching tannins. I don't mind the brown colour so for me it's just until it stops floating.

Wood can be soaked in anything big enough to submerge it completely.

I just soak wood until it sinks. Some has sunk is a few days, other pieces have taken several weeks.
Other people soak wood until it stops leaching tannins. I don't mind the brown colour so for me it's just until it stops floating
Thanks for the info. This is what I'll plan to do.
Wood can be soaked in anything big enough to submerge it completely.
Yep. I have a large barrel and I only need a piece of wood about 15cm long.

Are painted ceramic pots safe for aquariums? Are they toxic? Do I need to prepare them in any way?
Regularly, ceramic pots are fine. However, some paints can be toxic to fish. Acrylic paint can flake off over time and poison fish; watercolour paint would dissolve and may also leech toxins; and unfortunately the glaze that appears on many painted ceramic products can dissolve into water.

Regularly, ceramic pots are fine. However, some paints can be toxic to fish. Acrylic paint can flake off over time and poison fish; watercolour paint would dissolve and may also leech toxins; and unfortunately the glaze that appears on many painted ceramic products can dissolve into water.
Thanks. I might get a plain terracotta pot.

I've used plain tetrracotta pots as caves with no problems. The worst has been trying to remove the glue from the sticky label. I had to sand it off rather than use some chemical to remove it as terracotta is porous.

Most reactions

trending

Back