40 litre Tropical Community Tank Improvement 2022

StripySnailGirl04

Fish Addict
Reaction score
UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Universe
Hello everyone!
Before you ask any questions, please read the whole description to understand why I have gone with certain things. I hope you enjoy this journal.
I have decided to improve my tank after 4 years since the last re-do. Read my introduction post for a summary of the tank's past.
Why I have to keep to the current 40 litre:
1. StripySnailGirl04. Persuasion at times is hard.
2. Why not keep with the current tank?
3. I have live animals in the tank that I cannot transfer into another tank.

My stocking:
2 Rosy Barbs
2 Leopard Danios
4 Cardinal Tetras
3 Zebra Nerite Snails
I know my stocking isn't suitable and I know about 6+ fish but this is not happening in the nearest time. What is important right now is to make the animals feel the best they can, even if not in completely optimal conditions.

Current Plants:
Anubias (probably nana)
Cryptocoryne(don't know which type)

Water parameters:
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
GH: larger than 21d
KH: between 15d and 20d
pH: between 7.6 and 8.4
Chlorine: 0
I know now that the water is too hard for the tetras but I realized this too late. At least my nerites like it :)

This will be a journal about my tank's improvement. Feel free to ask worthy questions I have not answered yet! Maybe in a few years ,I'll do a complete re-do!

Thank You for reading this.

The tank as of February 2022:

Attachments

• IMG_20220124_165547.jpg
    IMG_20220124_165547.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 67
It's understandable that you can't get more fish at this time. As long as you take the very best care of the fish you have now, then all should be good! Just make sure to stay on top of weekly water changes, and feed them healthy food.

You've previously mentioned in threads that if you don't have soft water to suit soft water fish, you should stick to hard water fish. Why do you keep cardinal tetras if you have hard water?

You've previously mentioned in threads that if you don't have soft water to suit soft water fish, you should stick to hard water fish. Why do you keep cardinal tetras if you have hard water?
I bought them before I knew they needed soft water. I'm just making sure the same mistake doesn't happen to others.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back