380L Malawi Setup

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
Tank and all the bits and bobs for it:

Tank filled and running to test that it`s all water tight:

I`ll be draining it down again and adding the sand and ocean rock either later today or tomorrow. Fish will hopefully be ordered tomorrow or Monday :fish:

didn't you just finish a tanganyikan tank? Is this another brand new addition to the home???

Very impressive :good:

Keith.

didn't you just finish a tanganyikan tank? Is this another brand new addition to the home???

Yes I did finish the Tang setup not so long ago and yes this is another addition :lol: :lol:

niiiiice . i didnt know you were going down the malawi route :hey: :lol:

Ahh, you learn something new every day ;) :lol:

Very impressive :good:

Keith.

I`ve had a word with someone about the way the sump is currently set up, i.e the correct media and which chamber should be used for which type of media etc and I`ve ordered some other stuff.....So, I`ll update once it`s up and running with the right stuff in it :good:

sumps are cool i like how you can hide equipment and stuff in them and have the extra tank volume. cant wait to see some fish in your tank elise :good:

sumps are cool i like how you can hide equipment and stuff in them and have the extra tank volume. cant wait to see some fish in your tank elise :good:

Yeah it`ll be handy for hiding a multitude of sins :good:

Do you have a job? lol

No, I`m just very lucky that hubby has a well paid one ;)

I did wash the sand........honest!! :look: :lol: :lol:

Oh, don't tell me you have a SECOND expensive jobbie from MA? -_-

I did wash the sand........honest!!
lookaround.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Had a sudden change of heart and now doing a blackwater biotope?
laugh.gif

lol, best way to avoid that(if you wanted to) pour the water slowly into your hand or on the rocks so it dosnt disturb the sand

Oh, don't tell me you have a SECOND expensive jobbie from MA? -_-

I`m not taking the blame for this tank :no:

Hubby saw Marks Malawi`s and decided he`d like us to have another tank with Malawi stock, he wanted Malawi when I decided on the Tangs........despite the fact I`ll be the one maintaining both tanks as he`s never here :rolleyes:

Had a sudden change of heart and now doing a blackwater biotope?
laugh.gif

lol you`d think so huh :lol: :lol:

lol, best way to avoid that(if you wanted to) pour the water slowly into your hand or on the rocks so it dosnt disturb the sand

I did, I always fill so that the water falls onto a plate before the sand so that it doesn`t disturb all the cruddy stuff. I guess 6 washes per bucket just wasn`t enough but at least it`s clearing slowly. Lucky I have another 3 days before the fish are planned on arriving :look: :lol:

On another note, I got a right bargain at MA today. A couple of weeks ago they had a delivery of some catfish, they were labelled as Petricola but after talking to the staff and saying I didn`t believe that they were neither Petricola nor Lucipinnis they took the label off and 'reserved' them until they could be id`d properly. Anyway, between then and now the catfish developed whitespot and had to be treated. I went in today and saw that the catfish are looking really good and I spoke to one of the lads who had been looking after them. He said after looking at their invoice the catfish were listed as 'Petricola hybrid' and that if I wanted them I could have them for what they paid.
It was thought that there were 3 or 4 in the tank but it turns out there are 6. So I will be picking up 6 new catfish this week once the tank has been up and running for a couple of days and they cost me a fraction of the price I expected to pay :D :D

I`m not taking the blame for this tank :no:

Hubby saw Marks Malawi`s and decided he`d like us to have another tank with Malawi stock, he wanted Malawi when I decided on the Tangs........despite the fact I`ll be the one maintaining both tanks as he`s never here :rolleyes:

ah i get it , i get the blame now eh? :lol: well if my irrisponsible actions have forced you into a position whereby you have no choice but to play the new tank game just to please hubby i guess i should really appologise .............but i wont il just be on your case for piccies :lol:

Oh I just worked it out :hyper:

You didn't want to waste all the over brought B&Q drainage ( :blush: I mean Egg Crating) so you went out a got a £000's worth of extra tank just to save face! :shifty: BUSTED!!! :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back