270 Gal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Yeah, a 25mm bulkhead is just bigger than 1/2" which can only do 300GPH/1200LPH worth of flowrate. I'd suggest a 45mm hole for a 1" bulkhead, that's how I did mine

I can't find any 45mm diamond holesaw bits on ebay.Any ideas where I could get them from?

As i'm getting a holesaw bit to cut a bigger drain do you think it would be worth connecting another 20 gal to the other sump which will contain the trickle tower? Once again I have got really bored with my livebearers :lol: So I am going to sell them, then use the tank as an extra for sump as I have said or get some dwarf puffers, maybe something else though.

All the bits have been ordered and i'm going back on saturday (round my mums house) so I will do all the pipwork then.My dad should have drilled the new whole by now aswell :good:

Turns out he didn't want to break the glass so he didn't do it :rolleyes: .I've just removed the overflow so he can get in the tank and drill the hole.Do you think I should still drill where the original hole is, or do one next to it and cover the old one up.Also as my dads out atm what kind of paint would you use on the overflow?(I want to try and conceal it as much as possible).Pics to come...

When the overflow was removed I chipped it in a few places, I didn't even know you were supposed to use ethanol or some sort of alchoholy stuff to remove it...Thanks skifletch for saving me there :lol: In the end I used what I had on hand, white spirit.It seemed to work ok, it made the sylocone week and when I took a bit off from the inbetween the overflow and base glass I just slowly pulled it and it came.When I was cleaning the area to drill I caught myself on a hooked shape peice of glass and it slit through my finger :fun:
Overflow box
overflow.jpg

The mess :look:
Mess.jpg

Topviewofoldhole.jpg

Image000-5.jpg

This is where it got slightly chipped/cracked, it's only on the first base (the first base is thinner than the 2nd base) so hopefully it's nothing that sylocone can't fix.
Image006-4.jpg

Image006-4.jpg

Image004-3.jpg

Image003-5.jpg

Image002-8.jpg

As you can see from the glass left in the drill that when we made the groove to start of on one side we were basically drilling old sylocone (from where the odl crappy bulkhead was), air and a bit of glass :rolleyes: And on the other we were actually drilling through the glass, make sence|? :lol:
Edit for that not making sense lol...If you look closely you can see remains of some naan bred and a an orange liquid (curry) mwahaha.

After faxing our order to the glass company they havn't got the order, probably because my dad left it 2 months to get back to them, so i will have to finalize it again (as my dad lost the copy :rolleyes: ).He went in today with a peice of paper I printed off thinking it was the actual order but instead it was my first plan, which wasn't quite right :look: Oh well...I'll be finalizing the plan tonight so hopefully my dad can pop back in there soon.The time this has ran on with me doing absolutely nothing, except cracking the tanks first base, is pathetic lol.
Bet you he will say this is my christmas present :sly:
Oh btw, does anyone else know if money recieved from paypal shows up in bank statements.As I have sold £86.00 worth of d.riccia over the past months and then spent my money on other stuff but it seems to of not shown up in the bank statement, atall :huh: It says payment completed on paypal, and its the right credit card...

Yes it will show up on your statements :)

Wow, 6 pages and still no finished product :p this better be a grand design!

Most reactions

Back