270 Gal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Wait, the bulkhead had threads on either side of it? I'm really having a tough job grasping the problem here, anyway you can post pics?

The bulkhead was hacked off with a saw.Can't upload any pics as my phone software is being reallly stupid :shout:

Are the bulkheads this style?

If so, is the threaded end inside the tank/box or outside the tank?
The bulkhead is different, it's a pipe going straight through the drilled whole in the overflow, and at each end is two plastic fittings which screw onto the pipe.I have removed the bottom one to reveal the pipe.The bulkhead is like this but without the white and black seals. http://www.fishfurfeather.com/fff-bulkhead...680198f927e4cc9

If you look at this picture you can see that it has been hacked of.Look really close and you can see a pipe outline in there.I have taken off the bottom fitting (which you can see from that picture has been cut off) to reveal the pipe which was cut along with the fitting.There is also other pictures on the first page.
Image310.jpg

Sorry, I can't really explain things very well :fun:

Wow, who designs bulkheads like that? What a pain. So the threaded end then is inside the overflow box?

The thread end is, well I don't know it's the same both sides!Theres a peice of pipe through the drilled whole which was designed to have stuff screwed on to it with a load of sylocone keeping it in the whole and a fitting on each side.I really don't know how we can remove it, without taking the overflow apart :S

The thread end is, well I don't know it's the same both sides!Theres a peice of pipe through the drilled whole which was designed to have stuff screwed on to it with a load of sylocone keeping it in the whole and a fitting on each side.I really don't know how we can remove it, without taking the overflow apart :S

A dremmel tool? :crazy:

It might have to be :S Crack! And the whole tank has gone though.Don't plumbers have extra big spanners, maybe if I could get one of them it would be big enough to fit into the overflow? :/

Aha!I loosend it with some boiling water and my dad got a monkey wrench and uncrewed it from the bottom :D The whole is 35mm so what size bulkhead do need?

It's going to have to be 25mm bulkhead (double checked with guys at fishfur&feather), so having all the pipework at 25 mm will be fine?

Are you sure you're not mincing bulkhead pipe size and bulkhead thread sizes? Remember, you want the biggest bulkhead possible that fits in a 35mm hole. Which btw is pretty small, so don't expect significant flowrates here.

I contacted the service at fishfur&feather and they said for a 35 mm whole it should have a 25 mm bulkhead.Do you think the dursopipe will drain the water quick enough from the overflow, I have no idea... Maybe i'm being stupid but 6500lph sounds like a lot of water to be going through such a small pipe.Should I drill a bigger whole?...The tank has a double base.

Most reactions

Back