2024 MLB season

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Four days left before the start of baseball, can't wait! :) I subscribe to MLB streaming so I can watch all the Cleveland games.

Now, if only they would get rid of the designated hitter....

Cleveland surprised me a bit today by putting Gold Glover Myles Straw on waivers. I understand the move as, even though one of the best defensively, he is a bit of a liability at the plate and Cleveland is blessed as to outfielders.

Now, if only they would get rid of the designated hitter....

LOL! If you haven't figured it out I'm not exactly a fan of the DH... ;)

You know what I'd like to see? Getting rid of the DH.

Another season looms, and I'll watch a lot of Toronto games. I can't call myself a fan of the team, but it adds to my enjoyment. I'm not upset when they lose, and sometimes enjoy losses more than if they win. I just love the game itself. I'm unimpressed with what it's become, but for me the basis is still sound. It hasn't been as watered down as my other sport, hockey.

I don't expect the Red Sox to do very well AGAIN this year. So I doubt I'll be watching much baseball this year. But meanwhile, the Celtics are having a super GREAT season so I may be watching the playoffs soon even though I'm not really a fan of basketball.
Also don't have much faith that the Patriots will improve much this year so I most likely will root for the Chiefs and the 49ers.

Go Doyers!
My guess is that 'Doyers' was meant to be 'Dodgers'?

You know what I'd like to see? Getting rid of the DH.

Another season looms, and I'll watch a lot of Toronto games. I can't call myself a fan of the team, but it adds to my enjoyment. I'm not upset when they lose, and sometimes enjoy losses more than if they win. I just love the game itself. I'm unimpressed with what it's become, but for me the basis is still sound. It hasn't been as watered down as my other sport, hockey.
As slightly hinted in the first post I'm with ya on the DH! Turns a chess game into checkers...

I’m going to be in Kansas City, Missouri in September. I’m hoping I can buy some Chief’s tickets. I know they sell out fast.
If you know for sure when you will be there you could probably buy tickets on-line now.

We get mostly the Phillies games…. my father was a lifelong braves fan.
Here in Wyoming we get mostly Colorado Rockies games but I subscribe to MLB.TV to stream Cleveland games. I pay to only for Cleveland games as it is cheaper than subscribing for all teams. Since I'm really only interested in Cleveland games for the most part why pay more?

Sigh, I still have trouble calling Cleveland the Guardians instead of the Indians. The only thing truly politically incorrect is the whole concept of political correctness...

I've had people ask my why the name Guardians but it sort of makes sense due to a bridge that approaches the stadium that is called The Guardians Of Traffic. There are a total of 8 such statues. Actually a pretty cool bridge.
bridge1.jpg

My guess is that 'Doyers' was meant to be 'Dodgers'?

As slightly hinted in the first post I'm with ya on the DH! Turns a chess game into checkers...

If you know for sure when you will be there you could probably buy tickets on-line now.

Here in Wyoming we get mostly Colorado Rockies games but I subscribe to MLB.TV to stream Cleveland games. I pay to only for Cleveland games as it is cheaper than subscribing for all teams. Since I'm really only interested in Cleveland games for the most part why pay more?

Jes jajajajjajajaaa

In my heart of hearts, I'll always be an Expos fan. That ship has sailed and sunk, and I no longer live in my city and wouldn't be able to go to games anyway. The stadium was horrible, the teams were usually bad but the game is the game.
My Dad had a soft spot for the Dodgers, as Montreal was the Brooklyn farm team way way back. He was very proud of the fact his football team had decided to go to all of Jackie Robinson's early home games wearing their jerseys and taking on any racist hecklers who'd decided to come out to disgrace themselves. He said they didn't have to do much, as most of the home crowd was as supportive of Robinson as the football kids were, but he felt he'd done something.
He was a good ball player himself, and I learned enough of the game from him and from trying to play it that I can follow it without a favourite team.

After the Expos left, Montreal became a Red Sox town, because of Pedro Martinez, I suspect. The last time the Jays played an exhibition against Boston at our crumbling stadium, 45,000 fans turned out and I saw 6 Jays hats. The Jays like to market themselves as Canada's team, but it doesn't quite work that way.

Cleveland is a dirty word for Toronto fans as they got stuck with a GM and President who came over from that franchise and have generally mismanaged the Jays ever since. I like the name change though. it was long overdue.

Canada's hockey land, and that's the big sport. Here, the NFL is for gamblers, and basketball is growing among the quite young, but tends to be centred in Toronto. I've never managed to watch a complete game. Great athleticism, but a game like an overstocked aquarium. European football/soccer is really building a following fast here. The High School kids I taught really knew the game, probably more than hockey. I think the sports scene is changing, with the UFC bloodsports,,the e-sports scene, and the gambling mania as well. Baseball is a summer game for armchair strategy, and that's fine by me.

Go someone who plays it right go!

Dodger fan here all the way back to the days of dem bums.
I am not a fan of their Steinbrenner approach though.

I remember when the Dodgers were Brooklyn-based. Now that’s an early childhood memory. I lived in New York at the time. I was a wee little boy.

Johnny Podres was a neighbor for a bit when I was but a youngling.

My best buds grandma worked in his restaurant, The Gold Shade. We went to the stadium on him a couple times each year. Got to meet all the bums and have several jerseys, a Snyder bat and a few other pieces of Dodger history.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back