~2.5g Pico~

Is there a name for this type of setup?
I find it really amazing :good:

Oh, and have fun at the aquarium

I don't think there's a real name for it, but what the contraption is, is a false wall (like in the Nanocube's, Aquapod's e.t.c).

I'll have fun at biggest aquarium in the world...over 30 million liters!

Cool.

So why is this method not more broadly used? (unless it is lol)
I think its so simple, yet effective!

And 30 million litres :drool:
Don't forget the photos!

It's not used much because it takes up swimming room and doesn't add extra volume like a sump does.

what did u use to glue the acrylic in place i diddnt know you could glue acrylic to glass.
I may plan on doing somthing like this in the future if all goes well in my first marine tank.

Robert, silicone can adhere acrylic to glass for the purposes of dividing walls, internal boxes, etc. A glass-acrylic silicone bond is not very strong though and shouldn't be required to support weight or pressure. Make sense?

Pics from the Georgia Aquarium

The tank is doing just fine and the heater and lighting finally came in. I hooked the stuff up and all is running nicely. I even see a few copepods starting to pop up, my cycle is underway. Now, a few updated pics.

DSC00990.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01005.jpg

Enjoy.

Incredible! I have a similar sized tank which I'd like to set up like yours and have on my desk at work! Tell me, is it 2.5 US gallons or 2.5 imperial gallons? What's the capacity it in liters?

Incredible! I have a similar sized tank which I'd like to set up like yours and have on my desk at work! Tell me, is it 2.5 US gallons or 2.5 imperial gallons? What's the capacity it in liters?
the tank itself is 2.5 US gallons so that's 9.45 liters. but, the display area is 1.66 US gallons or 6.27 liters.

UPDATE: I haven't changed any equipment nor have I drastically changed the aquascape. But, I did put in a few new additions which add even more spice to the set-up. The zoos are growing and the other frags are thriving as well!

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

Enjoy.

You're a better person than I... I have no patience for small tanks. Impressive and crazy! :fun:

Most reactions

Back