125L Shell Dweller Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I did effectively do a few qualifying days when i allowed the second dose of ammonia to process. I did a quick test this morning and all is good. 8 fish wont produce as much ammonia as i dosed even in a week so quite confident it will tick over nicely now :>

At the moment i'm pondering if a pair of neolamprologus Helianthus will be the right choice for my second species.

I'm also pondering if i want to add another species to the tank at all!

It would be great to have a breeding colony going, they fetch a nice price and i'm quite tempted to claw back some money with them. More shells....less rocks.. :D Trouble is, finding people who actually want some...

:drool: I feel like such a follower, but I want some shell dwellers now! Been a almost fun read. :fun:

DSC02350.jpg

Fishies seem fine, 4 are in the rock work and 4 around the shells. Water is fine, fed a little Tetra Prima which they ate and will look at the other shizzle in the lfs tomorrow lunch and check out a DIY brine shrimp hatchery!

Still undecided on next species. Any ideas welcome.

I'm surprised they haven 't messed up your shell bed yet :lol:

Have you considered julis? My dickfeldi are awesome, the way they swim is just fascinating. And they would love the rocks!

i think dickfeldi will be a little too big for 125 litres, i did have a look at them in my lfs, but i thought they were quite chunky when adult, unsure at the moment :|

Stick with the Multies mate. :good:

Pondering it mate, species only tank could be nice, just blown £40 on rocks though so bit of a :sad: face.

Think i'm going to put the neolamprologus helianthus i've got reserved in there, see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, i might get the 90 litre in from the garage :eek:

Talk about sand shifters, they dig around more than anything i've ever known :D

DSC02357.jpg

hmmmm, maybe some more shells? You still appear to have some water in that tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back