100% Beginner Need Help Asap

minusbfold462 said:
Ā 
i also bought aqaurium salt (girl at the pet store suggested) and put two tablespoons in there, its 10 gallonsĀ 
Ā 
Ā 
This is the best thing you can do right now for nitrite poisoning.Ā  Salt really helps fish to cope with high nitrite levels.

The nitrites are still high after the change :( I did the test after my 75% change to check to see if the levels were any better. Is it just my tap water that isn't good

It might be a good idea to check your tap water, but I doubt that's the problem.
Ā 
Sometimes with fish-in cycles you need to do more than one change in row to get the levels down. As long as the new water is warmed and dechlorinated, multiple water changes are better for the fish than high levels of ammonia or nitrite.

You can test your tap water separately and what readings you get for it.
If your nitrite is still off the scale then I'd do another 50% change to try to bring it back on the chart.Ā  Although the salt you've added is more than enough to help the fish cope, I still wouldn't let the nitrite get too high.

it always confused me when people said Media . i think im correct in saying basicly the media is the sponge and stuff in the filter ,. when new it wont do anything but after a wile little bugs start to live in there and there what remove the bad stuff in the water .Ā 
Ā 
ps the liquid testing kit was the best thing i ever bought for the fish :)Ā 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back