Zucchini For Bristlenose?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I usually cut a piece about 1/4" thick or so and its pretty much gone in a day skin and all

It's upto you....a larger piece usually helps it stay together longer so your not fishing bits out here, there and everywhere.... just ensure you don't keep it in to long, adding the night before and taking out the next morning is good practice... letting it break up and decay can cause havoc with water parameters.

thanks guys, very helpful, reason i was asking is because i got one before i got algae because i was told they would eat shrimp pellets but i read up later thet theyre vegetarian

They need a varied diet of frozen live foods flake and algae wafers as well as fresh veg. Mine are also partical to blanched sweet potato, peppers,& blanched peas - try a few things as each one is an individual and will soon let you know what they like!

thanks guys, very helpful, reason i was asking is because i got one before i got algae because i was told they would eat shrimp pellets but i read up later thet theyre vegetarian

Tell that to my BNs that eat prawns

so they arent just vegitarians? and will eat the flake and shrimp pellets i give the other fish?

There omnivorous mate, they will eat most feeds offered... however, a diet to high in proteins isn't good for them.... algae wafers and fresh veg should be there primary diet and higher protein meat based foods like ...prawns, tetra prima, bloodworm etc, should be fed as a treat maybe once, twice weekly.

should they be blanched? hes a baby still

Cucumber and courgette no, not really.... potatoes and the harder veg... probably yes while there still juveniles... just to allow them to rasp a little easier.

Ive never blanched any veg tbh though and ive never had a problem with any age plecs eating it...so really it's your call on that one ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back