Zebra Nerite Snails

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SarahBravo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I moved 4 zebra nerite snails into my new tank at work today. Was floating them in their little tupperware boat to begin acclimatising them when one of my colleagues came in, gave them a push to go sailing round the tank and sunk them.

The PH in their old tank was 8.5 - the new tank is 7 to 7.5. That was over an hour ago and only one has moved from where it fell onto the sand. Has the PH shock killed them, or are they just settling in?

If they don't move how long should I leave it before I get them out? I don't want to stress them by taking them out and putting them back if they're still alive, but I also don't want them polluting the tank if they've kicked the bucket.

:huh:

Sarah

keep an eye on them - I'm sure they will be ok. ours take all kinds of abuse (i dont mean that litterly) temp changes and the like - they just take a little while to come back out :)

If they dont move any time soon, try to touch their trap door, if you dont get any resistance they are either in shock or have passed on.

Also another way to smell if a snail has died is if it smells really bad. I have alot of snails and are constantly moving them from tank to tank, and ive had a couple that dont move for a couple days but then will be back and active after they realize its safe.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back