Zebra danios

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Zebra danios are constantly chasing one another, it's just the way they are! Sometimes it seems like they are re-establishing the pecking order, and other times it just looks to me like they're having a good game of tag! It's nothing to worry about unless your aggressive fish is causing injury to the others. In that case, I'd recommend you add at least 2 more zebras to your school. Zebra danios are a schooling fish, with at least 6 minimum being ideal. If you have enough, not one certain fish will be picked on, and the aggression will be spread throughout the school. Aren't they funny fish? :) Good luck.

i have one just like that. its the biggest one and it terrorizes all the smaller ones. at first i would try to scare it with my finger to make it stop chasing, but i realized it was futile, and it wasnt really hurting anything anyway. :D

Yes you sjhould replace them (Get around 8 all up I reccomend). I don't really think its old age How long have you had them?. What are you ammonia, nitirite, and nitrate readings? how often do you do water changes how much how bigs yoru tank more info plz ;)

i have one just like that. its the biggest one and it terrorizes all the smaller ones. at first i would try to scare it with my finger to make it stop chasing, but i realized it was futile, and it wasnt really hurting anything anyway.

Hi,
I have a 60 gallon hex tank. I thought the zebra danios were cute, and I have 6 white clouds so I thought-white clouds are peaceful and they are danios-lets get some zebras!!! BIG MISTAKE !!!!! I bought 3 of them and them and they were tiny. THEY TERRORIZED MY ENTIRE TANK. After 5 DAYS if trying to get them out of the tank-THEY ARE WICKED FAST-I almost gave up. I got rid of them. Luckily my tiger barbs trust me and they actually helped me to round them up and get them out of the tank. 3 of my fish got so stressed from the whole ordeal that they got ich!!
Deb

Most reactions

Back