Zebra Danio's

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Rach

Reaction score
Hi I bought six Zebra Danio's two weeks ago, (the first fish in the tank, other than a pleco) after the first week I lost one, and now I have lost another. I do mean lost he didn't die and float to the top, the pleco is only 3-4cm long so he wouldn't have eaten him that quickly would he???? Could they have jumped out of the tank (I do have a Yorkie so they may have disapeared that way). I have rummaged through the plants and nothing has appeared. Please can anybody give me any ideas on what could have happened to them. As far as we know Eddie (the yorkie) does not own a fishing rod, that was our next thought!!!

Yes danios are very good jumpers,
if you don't have a lid then that is proberbly what has happened to them.

Have you checked the filter? under any decorations?
basicly check every where. under the tank behind it all around it
If they have jumped out it is poss that thedog ate them.

This has happened to me once. I was looking all over for my Zebra Danio and I check the gravel just to make sure. When I checked, he was right there under the gravel. He was perfectly normal, he was just under the gravel. :dunno:
But if your Zebra Danio had jumped out, they are pretty good jumpers, your dog possibly ate it.

Thanks, - yes I have got a lid but I have been doing regular water changes so the lid has been off at times.

So would they disapear under the gravel and still be healthy - would they disapear for over a week??

Hello - just a word of warning to other newbies like me - I have now lost three Zebra Danio's, yesterday I took the plants out and went through the gravel (as suggested above) to try to find them and didn't. But I did find one and he had got stuck - we have a jewel tank and put the rock type backing in the back well there is a little tricky bit underneath the pump and we thought we had fitted it quite well - unfortuneatly there is a little gap and one zebra had got stuck in it (we tried to get him out but could not reach in well enough we then tried to pull that bit of backing out but we just couldn't) he was moving yesterday but this morning he is dead- the others are not there though. So be carefull how you fit your backing if you are getting small fish.

No not that type of backing it mould polystyrene type stuff and you evomastic to the inside. I did follow the instructions! :blink:

I lost one of my Danios for about 2 1/2 weeks, then one day he just turned up again alive and well. I had looked EVERYWHERE for him.

So there may still be a chance of finding him again.

Richard

Most reactions

Back