Zebra danios playing or fighting?

The employee at my LFS told me that size would be perfect so i didn't think about it bring to small
yea
Sadly, that is one of the most unfortunate aspects of this hobby, the misinformation given by so many fish store staff (and the nonsense on YouTube and similar is no better). We have many threads about this. Always check with a reliable knowledgeable individual, site, or this forum. If we could stop most of the inaccurate information given by stores it would save considerable problems and fish lives. We all live and learn, and most of us made many of the same mistakes in learning.
fish store staff are trying to help but they are given false information by the company. this makes the company sell more fish
yep! you can ask this forum we have lots of skilled fishkeepers like @Byron
i personally dont know much about stocking but yea

I have been watching alot of KGtropicals and aquarium co-op, if you have heard of them what are your thoughts on them

I have been watching alot of KGtropicals and aquarium co-op, if you have heard of them what are your thoughts on them
i like kg and co op
pretty cool channels
bingewatching the Kg fish lists is fun

Fish only have one thing on their minds, making babies. The boys will do anything to get the girls. That is just the way it is.

Welcome.

I adopted 6 zebras/leopards some time last autumn from a family who were moving up north and only wanted to take their long fin cherry barbs with them. TBH the LFCBs were the ones I was really after.
My tank was 800mm long but high and I was doubtful if it’d be long enough. They we’re rehomed again a week or so back and the tanks a lot more peaceful with the other occupants returning to occupy the areas of the tank they’d be expected to and not hide away as much.

Both of these are a commercial business. They must make a profit, which they do by selling products. If we should hesitate to trust fish store staff for this reason, the same applies to online sites. I am not saying these or any others are dishonest, that is not actually the issue. The question is, just how much knowledge do they have? And on what specific issues?

I have never delved into KG Tropicals, but I have had occasion to check a couple things on Aquarium Co-op. And what I read was inaccurate and misleading. I might have reason to accept their advice on some issues, perhaps, but certainly I cannot accept their advice on other issues. Where does the unreliable end, if it actually does?

It depends upon what information you are looking for. As an example, when it comes to how many of a certain species one should acquire, and in what sized tank they can be housed sufficiently to have a good reasonably normal life, there are reliable sources of such information.

Most reactions

Back