Zebra Danios- Can I Keep Them In Here?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
i have never seen them before, i got 2 and was wondering if could keep them in my little aqua320? they are in my community tank now as i didnt want to have to move them out if they couldnt stay in the other one( not QT as i have had lot of fish from this guy and no problems with them ever)

anyway not a problems if i cant and im pretty sure you will say no as they are quite long fish, but worth an ask :)

shelagh xxxxx

hiya shelagh, what are the tank dimensions?

zebra danios need quite abit of room as they are often very skittish and zip along the whole length of the tank

Edited to add that they are schooling fish also

Bit small for danios Im afraid, they do love to swim lots - they are mad little things - also if you can, add some more to their numbers.

hiya shelagh, what are the tank dimensions?

zebra danios need quite abit of room as they are often very skittish and zip along the whole length of the tank

Edited to add that they are schooling fish also

+1. They are one of the fish that really enjoy being in groups. Ideally they should also have a long tank because of their swimming habits. I used to have six in a 4 foot tank.

thanks all, i have indeed noticed that they stick like glue to eachother- some woman came in yesterday and got over 20 of thembut these 2 were left in the tank, so ill have to give him a call and ask him to get me some more then. i dont mind and what you say about them being skittish etc, well thats a definate no then in this tank, cant remeber the exact dims but its only a 28L or something,so very small indeedy... thanks gaz, you would think after this long i would have grown out of impulse buys ey?? :blush:

cheers shelagh xxxxxxx

Trust me, if you wanted to catch them to put them in another tank it would be a nightmare - I had some ages ago, when I went to move them to another tank, it took forever to catch them and one evaded me permanently until he died :(

Are you still trying to find something to put in the aqua one then? Why not find a nice pink betta, would be perfect :)

Trust me, if you wanted to catch them to put them in another tank it would be a nightmare - I had some ages ago, when I went to move them to another tank, it took forever to catch them and one evaded me permanently until he died :(

Are you still trying to find something to put in the aqua one then? Why not find a nice pink betta, would be perfect :)

well that will explian why the sweet little old man was swearing like a trooper while was choosing toys for baby and ember,i usually hold the bag for him but left him too it today :lol:
yes i think i will end up with another betta to be honest minx, only thing is that only my lfs has them and at te moment i am disgusted and appalled with them for several reasons, so will go in and talk to the owner about the issues i have ,and if he cant sort them then i cant buy from him :)

lol gaz :)

i was gonna say i hope they are not fin nippers as they are in with guppies, but the web pages i read all imply they are very peacefull in a community tank :)

Most reactions

Back