Zebra Danios And The British Heart Foundation

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Sofia

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the advert for the British heart foundation where they tell you that they need funding to look at how the zebra danio can repair it's heart and how they can use that for heart treatment in humans.

I never knew that they could do this, kinda nice that such a small fish can bring so much hope!

LINK to advert for those that have no seen them.

Apologies if this has been posted already did a search and couldn't find one though!

Its amazing how beneficial are fishy friends can be. Look at the shark it does not suffer with cancer BUT still man kills it for money profiting reasons.

Keith.

Has anyone seen the advert for the British heart foundation where they tell you that they need funding to look at how the zebra danio can repair it's heart and how they can use that for heart treatment in humans.

I never knew that they could do this, kinda nice that such a small fish can bring so much hope!

LINK to advert for those that have no seen them.

Apologies if this has been posted already did a search and couldn't find one though!

The zebra danio is also the only animal able to repair a broken spine. They are studying them to help with spineadiphada(spelling lol)

very interesting hopefully theyle be able to perfect this

not a joking matter but if they perfect this will they be able to perfect glo people ? :crazy:

already got the glo people smiley :sick:

Research on people (or well human embryos) is very very tightly regulated. I don't know the ins and outs off the top of my head but I certainly wouldn't ever expect to see a glo person EVER.

yeah i was joking really would be cool tho lol

I've seen it! I didn't even know that about them before!

Just came to post a topic on this subject and found this one already existed, so here is an update for all...

The Secrets of Zebra Fish Q&A with the Researcher

In the first video you will see the tanks the fish are housed in.  Oh how I would love that set up full of Bettas :)

On the second video, titled "The Show" at 7:30 there is a specific question pertaining to the fish.  Interestingly I did not hear anyone ask about the fish themselves in reference to their well being.  The tanks look very clean though and it appears the study is on the eggs of the fish.  I know for some this will still be controversial, however, if you have a loved one dying from heart problems I am sure you would be grateful for this work and its pending success.

I bought a pin badge a while back of a Zebra Danio with a Swarovski Crystal for its eye, however it appears they do not sell these anymore which is a shame for us fish fans.

Skins said:
Its amazing how beneficial are fishy friends can be. Look at the shark it does not suffer with cancer BUT still man kills it for money profiting reasons.

Keith.
Just put in that sharks do get cancer. That is a common misconception that they don't.

Most reactions

Back