Zebra Danio

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fish Buddy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a zebra danio that is territorial! I bought a shoal of 6 and they swam together fine the first say or so (getting use to the tank) but now I have this one over hyper danio that chases all the others away including other fish like my swordtails! His territory seems to include the intire centre-middle area of the tank (large for a little guy). I though they were shoaling fish! The other fish are either at the bottom or in the back left corner. (I feel for them- having to deal with this bully) What a crazy fish :eek: Has anyone else had this problem of a deviant danio?

i heard that if you take the aggressive fish out, rearange the tank, (new toys, plants, ect.) then let the fish ajust for a couple days untill they know it well. then you can out the danio back in that tank and he wont feel like a boss anymore. i have nevr tried it but it seems like a good idea. good luck!

valid point. But I already switched him from my 30g, where he was being crazy, to my 20g and he seems worse (I have more fish in this tank-so maybe it just seems worse with more fish to chase) :(

Maybe I should move him to my larger-fish tank to scare him a little to knock some sence (or manners) in to him. But maybe that's too cruel...?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back