April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

newland

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All

I have 2 20G tanks.

one has 3 gouramis in the other has 6 Zebra Danios in.
My problem is one of my gouramis has become aggressive with the one of the others. Its only one in perticular.

I've put him in a quaritine box for now but i don't want to keep him in that. Its a yellow gourami and i'm wondering if it would be ok with the Zebra Danios?

Thank You

By yellow I assume you mean 'gold'? Gold gouramies are a three-spot color morph (trichogaster trichopterus). They get to 6" and males can be extremely aggressive - often fighting with each other to the death, harassing females and occasionaly attacking tankmates.

30 gallons is the minnimum realy if you want more than one. Try to sex all of yours. If you have more than one male together you should look into re-homing as you'll end up with deaths.

If you are lucky enough to have 1 male and 2 females, just move the male to the other 20 and things should be ok but...

Moving this gourami in with the 6 danios should be ok for the time being but, as he settles down, he may find competing with the danios for the upper layers unacceptable and start harassing them.

In my experience, danios and gouramis get along fine. I have both in my 55 gallon tank with no problems.

Same here^
I had a Male Gold Gourami in a 10G with a peal danio and a zebra danio, no problems.

Ethos said:
Same here^
I had a Male Gold Gourami in a 10G with a peal danio and a zebra danio, no problems.
[snapback]918126[/snapback]​

Maybe because he couldn't catch them??!! Sorry, couldn't resist. :D My gold female can be a holy terror at feeding time to the corys.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back