Zebra Danio(Glofish) Help With Breeding (For Educational Purposes)

Fishlover_12345

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My glofish danio went thin next morning and i cant see any eggs in between the marbles, how can i retrieve them? How long do i wait so i can see the eggs? Any more tips would be awesome 

Best to move the adults danios to another tank. The eggs should hatch in a 2-3 days. Use that time to get some fry foods ready. Fry tend to do better with live foods, but you can probably try hikari first bites, or just crush some flake into powder.

That's about the size of it. When the eggs hatch, the fry will be small enough to escape from the marbles

If you move your adults, its good to test your water and do water changes. Possibly 25-50% a week. Watch for ammonia spikes if the tank isnt fully cycled.

Baby danio fry go nuts over infusoria the first few weeks which is pretty simple to culture.
Tank water, from a filter or live plants, in a glass jar with a decaying plant can make a nice culture of paramecium in about 5-7 days.
When the water is a bit cloudy and smells "sweet" you can use a turkey baster and drip to the fry.
There are great instructions in the forum on this.

Crushed egg yolk and hakari bites are readily accepted too. Just make sure to remove any uneaten food immediately and do water changed as well.

Most reactions

Back