Zebra Danio Fry

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

TrickySpot

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

To my surprise, I have found close to fifty zebra danio fry at the bottom of a Tupperware I was storing plants in, the eggs must have been stuck to the plants! They are about 3mm long and look like a Y, or basically 2 eyes and a tail!

My question is, I can't add them to one of my main tanks because they'll get eaten.....I have a spare 32L which would be perfect, but its not cycled...it has zero ammonia though. Could I store them in there until they get a bit bigger and go into a net in a tank, or can I leave them in the Tupperware? The temp in the tupperware is room temp, so about 24 degrees C.

Any help will be appreciated, these are my first fry born from eggs, I've only had molly fry before!

Thanks!

I can't see why that couldn't work so long as you kept the temp steady (warm probably) and cleaned carefully and regularly. 

As fry they'll probably produce very very little waste but you'd need to make sure you remove uneaten food quite quickly in order to avoid a dirty tank. Presumably it's a short term solution before putting them back into your bigger tank.

Yup, they'll go into a bigger tank the minute they can stay in a net, or I'll probably get a hatchery now if my Zebras insist on always looking pregnant! I've been reading up on food...does one have to buy special food or can you just crush a high quality flake food?

Most reactions

Back