hi all
after a bad start to aquariums i've a bullying problem
started 2 months ago with 3 zebra danios and 3 harlequins
harlequins lasted 2 weeks
then lost 2 zebras
anyway found a good LFS
sorted water quality
bought 2 mollies to go with last zebra danio
that was 1 month ago, everything has been fine since (water tests fine)
tonight though i've noticed the danio chasing the mollies round the tank!
what should i do?
cheers
gazbut

Danios are a shoaling fish so you need 4 or 5 more and then its attention will probably be taken away from your mollies! So try adding a few more zebras and that should sort it out. If it's still chasing the mollies and/or the new danios then I'm afraid a one-way trip back to the lfs looms for him!

Danios are a shoaling fish so you need 4 or 5 more and then its attention will probably be taken away from your mollies! So try adding a few more zebras and that should sort it out. If it's still chasing the mollies and/or the new danios then I'm afraid a one-way trip back to the lfs looms for him!

Chris is spot on, in fact I would say you need at least 6. Danios are schooling fish who squabble amongst themselves constantly as a social behavior. When isolated, they initiate the same behavior with less tolerant fish in an effort to school with them.

So, go to the lfs as soon as possible and buy yourself another 5 zebra danios OP!! I'm certain that'll sort it out. They'll chase each other sometimes then but that's normal for them.

Most reactions

Back