Zebra Danio Advice.help Needed

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

As mentioned a sec ago by boyneburn they'll will spawn much more readily if alone, do you have a spare/hospital tank?
If so use it.
In a community if they do spawn i doubt many of the fry or even eggs would survive but theres always a chance and those that are eaten will provide good nutrition for your other fish.
If you want to give them their best chance in a community add the marbles/large pebble substrate, if you are convinced you want them all to survive then set up a new tank and (as boyneburn said) remove the parents as soon as you can after spawning....

Ok. Well off to find some wool! Their still chasing her like mad, and I have noticed that my other female has a rather plump belly too, but not as noticable, and they don't seem to be chasing her half as much as the other female whos belly is looking very unusually shaped!???
fingers crossed!! :)

As mentioned a sec ago by boyneburn they'll will spawn much more readily if alone, do you have a spare/hospital tank?
If so use it.
In a community if they do spawn i doubt many of the fry or even eggs would survive but theres always a chance and those that are eaten will provide good nutrition for your other fish.
If you want to give them their best chance in a community add the marbles/large pebble substrate, if you are convinced you want them all to survive then set up a new tank and (as boyneburn said) remove the parents as soon as you can after spawning....

I have just purchased a 125L tank but its not been cycled yet so i will just try and spawn them in the 32L. I didnt want to keep the fry anyway as the tank is so small but i was worried about the female bein so "bloated" for so long. Shes been like it pretty much since i got her 3 months ago

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back