Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

matt295

Fishaholic
Reaction score
well today i just got a 20 gallon tank with everything except fish and plants for christmas. my dad got me sand, and some special heat thing that goes under the gravel that helps the plants grow with it. it has already been washed and it is where it is going to be. now all we have to do is put the special heating thing and gravel on. i have already been thinking about what to put in it and i want to put some sparkling gouramis and celestial pearl danios but i dont know what else. any ideas?

Hi matt295 :)

Have you considered adding a small school of corys for the bottom?

Hi matt295 :)

Have you considered adding a small school of corys for the bottom?

:good: I think corys are a good addition to any tank 20 gallons or larger, but I'm sort of partial to the little buggers.

Quick question; 20 high or 20 long? This will affect the stocking to some point.

its a long tank. how is this for stocking

4-6 sparkling gouramis
4-6 celestial pearl danios
4-6 corys but i dont know what type yet. any suggestions?

also the tank has been filled 3/4 of the way.would these fish work together. would the danios bother the gouramis becasue i have read they are shy. it is also going to be a planted tank with some driftwood

its a long tank. how is this for stocking

4-6 sparkling gouramis
4-6 celestial pearl danios
4-6 corys but i dont know what type yet. any suggestions?

also the tank has been filled 3/4 of the way.would these fish work together. would the danios bother the gouramis becasue i have read they are shy. it is also going to be a planted tank with some driftwood

If you're going to grow any tall plants in the tank, then some small peaceful gourami's like dwarf gourami's could be a good option (you must take into consideration the gender stocking of the fish though) :thumbs: .

i am definitely going to cycle.

i was thinking having

if i have 4 sparkling gouramis then probably 3 females and 1 male, if i get 6 then 4 females and 2 males
i would probably get 3 female and 3 male celestial pearl danios
and i still dont know about the corys (could someone help me decide since i have never kept them before)

i dont think the tank is tall enough to have plants like amazon swords but that is probably going to be my stocking for the tank. i would add some floating plants for the gouramis and some anubias and stuff like that. any suggestions would be nice :good: thanks

Most reactions

trending

Back