Yucky Water

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sic0198

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have some yucky (murky) looking water so I need someone the help me out with this. My tank is probably really crowded but here goes:

It's a 10 gallon. It hasn't finished cycling yet. I have 2 red cherry shrimp, 2 corys, a platy (i think), a red sword tail, 2 orange mollies , a zebra danio and 3 guppies in it

Could overcrowding be my problem? I also have a UGF in it too. Would some plants help?

Oh while I'm on the subject would 3 more Corys be possible in my tank?

Also I bought a dwarf frog (a wee little wipper-snapper) he couldn't be more than a inch long, it's in my bigger tank right now, but I wouldn't mind to put it (or buy another) in/for my 10 gallon tank, would it be a threat to my red cherry shrimp?

That would be overcrowded for a cycled, mature tank. Posting the results of water tests would help, but if the tank is still cycling you have around 4 times the amount of fish in there now as would be usually needed for a traditional cycle with fish.

Rehoming most of the fish, and doing a 50% water change daily will help, I would leave in the two mollys or a couple of guppys & that's it until it is cycled.

Most reactions

Back