YoYo Loaches

Barracuda518

Fish Herder
Reaction score
How big of a tank would you need to keep some YoYo Loaches? Do they get as big as the clown loaches?

I bought 2 for my 20UKgal tank, with a view to moving them to a bigger tank later. They are supposed to grow to 5" according to lfs but some people on here have got some at 8". I bought them to eat snails. Be aware that they will dig up plants. I did not know this (I still would have bought them) and I will now have to replace some plants. :)

I have a 30 US Gallon tank. Ive read several places that they usually only get 4" in an aquarium. But Ive learned the hard way, what you read isnt always true, which is why I wanted to make a post about the loaches before I get them. I want to get a large tank in the future to get a school of Clown loaches, seeing as how the 30 I have now isnt big enough. but I wasnt sure about the yoyos

Are you going to get some now? They like to be in a group of 3 but my tank is not big enough, taking into account the other fish. So I got 2.

I am thinking about it, but Im doing the research to make sure I have the proper tank for them. I recently made a mistake with some gouramis, and dont want to do that again...

i have read that yoyo's can reach a documented 12"....the-wolf has some at around 8"....most places i read say 11-12" with a few saying 4" max....i would trust the documented information

Most reactions

Back