Yoyo Loaches And Zebra Loaches

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I was just wondering if yoyo loaches and zebra loaches will school together?

Not entirely sure that it runs along the same principle but I was pleasantly suprised to see my zebs schooling with some polka-dot loaches that I introduced. I would even go so far as to say I think they have flourished since I introduced the polkas.

I believe that most similar sized loaches from the botia genus will get along nicely - although I have heard that skunk loaches (Botia/Yasuhikotakia morleti) are not 'as innocent as their cousins'....

Thanks! I had seen them at my lfs, and they were really pretty, and I have yoyos so I was thinking of getting some.

Thanks! I had seen them at my lfs, and they were really pretty, and I have yoyos so I was thinking of getting some.

You're welcome - but as others have mentioned in your thread in the Oddballs forum, they may not be such a good idea if you decide to go for that Senegal Birchir you've been looking at

I was just wondering if yoyo loaches and zebra loaches will school together?

Problems are possible when different loach species are involved, even generally peaceful ones.

Yoyo+Kubs combination occasionally will result in fighting between the two; in my case, a 3" Kub was attacking 4" yoyo's daily, until separated, but the yoyo's were not exactly innocent either. Kubs+Zebras is likely to work to work better, this is the combination that many people have, but there was a reported case of Kubs killing off Striatas. I'd be a bit worried about Yoyo's+Zebras too: yoyo's are likely to be larger, very inconsiderate, and may keep Zebras very unhappy.

hth

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back