Yoyo Loach scared the #+^} out of me

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

powerdyne6

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I added a group of 10 Yoyo’s to my community tank about 2 weeks ago. I arrived home a couple days ago from work and noticed a couple of them upside down kind of wedged in to a piece of hardscape.

I quickly removed the top and was about to slightly move the rock they were under and sure enough they sprang up and swam away. I guess they were sleeping. I was like “what the &/)@“ was that.

So yesterday I noticed them doing this again and I thought to myself I am not going to fall for this one again. Sure enough when a dropped some food down the substrate they were up and moving around.

I did a bunch of reading last night on various forums and websites and noticed a pattern that this is very normal for these guys and to not be alarmed. If you didn’t know they did this it would certainly have you alarmed.

I am quite intrigued by these fish.. I watch them daily. There social behaviour is quite interesting and I did read on a couple websites that they “talk” to one another and I have heard it first hand. They make a “clicking” noise when they become excited or playful. Especially when food is in the area.

Some of mine used to sleep on their back. Others slept on their side and some slept upright. And mine used to click as well, especially when food was added to the tank.

Some of mine used to sleep on their back. Others slept on their side and some slept upright. And mine used to click as well, especially when food was added to the tank.

Yep. This is exactly what mine are doing. It is quite interesting

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back