Youtube Fish ID

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Can you identify these five fish (four circled in blue) in these two pictures from two videos from a YouTube kids channel? There is a black fish that I can't really see.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1032).jpg
    Screenshot (1032).jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot (1029).png
    Screenshot (1029).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a terrible mix of fish…

But in picture one you have some kind of wood catfish maybe a Tatia species? A Polar Parrot Cichlid, Humbug Catfish and Black Mollys.

In the second picture I think is a Dragon Blood Peacock Cichlid.

That's why abusive fish channels like exist in the platform.
It’s horrendous millions of views on their videos. I wonder what happens to the animals after they film the video - in some senses the videos sort of suggest everything is temporary it’s not like watching Serpa Design (who is brilliant) who sets up long term things but if you don’t know anything about fish or animals then yeah… worrying what they perceive.

The good news is with millions of views and little to no comments or engagements I think most of their viewers are probably parents plonking babies and toddlers in-front of it and letting it play.

But seriously please don’t use their videos for any form of research or inspiration. If you need some YouTubers to get inspired by start with serpa design, king of diy, cichlid bros, aquarium co-op and md fish tanks.

It’s horrendous millions of views on their videos. I wonder what happens to the animals after they film the video - in some senses the videos sort of suggest everything is temporary it’s not like watching Serpa Design (who is brilliant) who sets up long term things but if you don’t know anything about fish or animals then yeah… worrying what they perceive.

The good news is with millions of views and little to no comments or engagements I think most of their viewers are probably parents plonking babies and toddlers in-front of it and letting it play.

But seriously please don’t use their videos for any form of research or inspiration. If you need some YouTubers to get inspired by start with serpa design, king of diy, cichlid bros, aquarium co-op and md fish tanks.
I watch the youtubers you mentioned at the end and they're pretty good! I don't use these channels' videos as a form of inspiration, but some similar channels to this may get rarer fish like this HUGE koi, which is as big as your arm, that I found on another YouTube cannel. As a fishkeeper myself, this is horrible to watch.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1005).png
    Screenshot (1005).png
    619 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
In the second picture (peacock cichlid in the half ball), you can clearly see the egg spots on his anal (bottom) fin. there are 5 egg spots but 4 are clear and 1 is not as visible.

In the second picture (peacock cichlid in the half ball), you can clearly see the egg spots on his anal (bottom) fin. there are 5 egg spots but 4 are clear and 1 is not as visible.
It sometimes happens in dragon blood peacock cichlids because not all of them have clear egg spots. And the half ball is a surprise egg.

Can you identify these five fish (four circled in blue) in these two pictures from two videos from a YouTube kids channel? There is a black fish that I can't really see.
Even if it's a temporary set up, the combination is horrible.
but some similar channels to this may get rarer fish like this HUGE koi, which is as big as your arm, that I found on another YouTube cannel. As a fishkeeper myself, this is horrible to watch.
Well, speaking as a former koi keeper, the giant white koi is not rare and for sure not the largest there is. Only in this tub she's (it's a female), she's the giant.
Well, I do have to say that when breeders want to check their koi, that from time to time multiple sizes are scooped out and put in one tank. I only put smaller koi of the same size in one tub to check them. Bigger koi were only put solo in one tub by me. They will stay much calmer then.

Even if it's a temporary set up, the combination is horrible.

Well, speaking as a former koi keeper, the giant white koi is not rare and for sure not the largest there is. Only in this tub she's (it's a female), she's the giant.
Well, I do have to say that when breeders want to check their koi, that from time to time multiple sizes are scooped out and put in one tank. I only put smaller koi of the same size in one tub to check them. Bigger koi were only put solo in one tub by me. They will stay much calmer then.
You were a koi keeper? I didn't know that. How many koi did you used to keep?

That's a lot of koi. What happened in 2005?
I moved to another place. And after a number of break ins and koi got stolen and even killed by other persons, I've decided to stop keeping koi. That was in a period that a lot of koi were stolen from ponds throughout my country. It's heartbreaking when there are so many koi thefts to make money out of it. Especially when you know that depending on the demand, size, color and pattern of the koi, the prices of those koi raised a lot.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back