Your Ultimate Wish List.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

greenscooby

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Yes I'm BORED STOOOOOOOOOPID :blink: So heres the theory, you come home one night and find some kind person has delivered a brand new glass aquarium and stand for you free of charge, also a signed blank cheque, you can spend what you want as long as it's for the aquarium(no cars, boats, houses or anything like that), what would you buy from the ground up, i.e. heaters, pumps, filters, lights, backround, substate(colour) decor, wood, stone, plants and most importantly fish.

Heres the size of your tank:-

9Ft (108in/274cm) x 3Ft(36in/91cm) x 2.5 Ft( 30in\ 76cm)

That'll be about 1191 litres, 420 UK gallons, 505 US gallons.

Have fun filling it Ladies and Gents.

Scooby

i would split it and have different things, couldnt pick one! i hve my dream tank already, my 6ft community tank is all i ever wanted it to be and more!

nice to find someone who is really happy with thier tank, i've only just started the hobby and am still tinkering around with mine, it's a little addictive!!!!! :good:

OMFG!!! *drool* I think I'd be needing a BOOK of blank cheques here...

BIG canister filter, obviously, and temp set around 25.

Soft water, pH 6.8.

Sand substrate, decor basalt rock, slate, melaleuca and eucalyptus wood.

Heavily planted with CO2 diffusion and pH control. Planting would include Aponogeton madagascarensis, A. crispus, milfoil, ambulia, anubias afzelli (old type), bolbitus heudelotii, riccia and a heap of other beauties.

Stocking:
L091 (three beacon pleco), one of my alltime dream fish.
African butterfly fish (Pantodon)
Congo tetras
Melanotaenia boesemani
Melanotaenia splendida (purple)
Melanotaenia fluviatilis (iridescent green and blue)
Huge school of corydoras
Clown loaches
Leeri gouramis

I don't even know what else but if I stay here I'll be on the net all night typing a list of every fish species I can think of.

9ft, My bala sharks will have thought they have died and gone to heaven. So would I for that matter. :shout:

Split into 84 seperate tanks for male bettas :)

The largest shrimp aquascape ever known to man! I reckon I could get 500 shrimp in there are they would still be happy + a shoal of 200 endlers

a 9ft SW reef would be absolutely mint!!!!!

however as this is a FW forum. a large community would be good too!
fish i would include: Discus, Uaru, RTBS, BGK, Lots and Lots of Cardinals, Guppies, Rams, Butterfly Plec, Gold Nugget Plec, Big School of Cories, A wide variety of shrimp, A number of dwarf african frogs.

this would also free up space to divide my little tank up and have 4/5 male bettas too!

I'd have a fish I have always wanted which is one of the bautiful asian arrowanas and a couple of stingray too. And if there was space a peacock bass and flagtail prochilosus along with a full grown fire eel

nice

I would employ Tom Barr / one of the winners from the Aquascaping competetions / Takashi Amano to set up a stunning planted tank & keep them on a life-long retainer to keep it fully maintained!

That would be quite some blank cheque!

Andy

I would buy out my LFS, and aquacaspe an African lake environment, and go for a huge Cichlid tank!

-FHM

Filter = 4 x Fluval 405 Externals

Heater = Lots :lol:

Technical = CO2 system

Substrate = JBL Aquabasis plus topped with sand

Flora = Crypts along the front, java fern on bogwood, A. crispus in the middle, Vallisneria Gigantea

Fauna = Similar to what i'm starting now just bigger :) . 6 clowns (72"), 66 cherries (99"),
111 tiger barbs (333")

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back