sailfin molly
mutt guppy

My top 5 which i keep currently:

Salvini cichlid
Mbuna ( all species)
Convict cichlid
Rainbow cichlids
Synodantis catfishes

Would love some Malawi haps one day but dont have tank space at the house for another big tank.

1. Aphyosemion zygaima
2. Aphyosemion coeleste (do you detect a killie freak here....)
3. Pelvicachromis kribensis Moliwe (they used to be called taeniatus)
4. Enteromius jae
5. Satanoperca daemon (I'll never have a tank that big, but what a fish...)

1. Synodontis Eupterus. These catfish have the most beautiful fins almost reminiscent of a butterfly koi and have the unusual behavior of swimming upside down at the top of the tank. The reason they’re my favorite though is that mine recognizes me and comes to the front of the tank when I am near! I have trained him to eat from my hands and it is almost like having a puppy in my aquarium. I just adore those fish and I also love that they are extremely hardy.

2. Angelfish are gorgeous, active, and smart! They don’t get too big for a medium sized tank either. They come in so many colors and almost never stop moving. They will follow you around the tank and also eat from your hand! The one downside is they can be a little aggressive to each other or similar sized fish. But they seem to sort it out well.

3. Dojo loaches are high up here. They’re so playful and they swim across the tank like little water dragons. They also clearly enjoy interacting with each other and often sleep and swim together. Another fish that will eat from my hand (all my top fish are 😂) they will also swim into your hand!

4. Golden Wonder Kilifish. These fish are small and fast. They have huge smiles on their face and brilliant coloring. They also bite! But they’re so small it hardly matters. It’s so jive to have a beautiful hardy fish that’s always smiling when you come to the tank.

5. Corydoras. I had a solo corydora who was sad and didn’t move much that I adopted from a neighbor who no longer wanted their tank. I mistakenly was given the impression that corydoras weren’t very interesting. A while later I saw some cute ones in a store and brought them home. The difference was instant! The solo fish went wild, zooming around the tank and circling the new fish. It nuzzled them and wouldn’t leave them alone. Now I have a school of cories that are constantly interacting and clearly have social bonds and special friends. Very special and fun fish.

1. Aphyosemion zygaima
2. Aphyosemion coeleste (do you detect a killie freak here....)
3. Pelvicachromis kribensis Moliwe (they used to be called taeniatus)
4. Enteromius jae
5. Satanoperca daemon (I'll never have a tank that big, but what a fish...)
Nice, another Aphy enthusiast

Their colors are stunning, they’re a great size, and so much personality. I used to have a male😍
Yeah - they’ve have the kind of colours you notice as soon as you step into the room. I also like how curious they are. My oldest one always wonders over to have a look when I’m in the room, although it can be a bit weird though when you turn around to see a fish eyeballing you. I mean, he literally just hovers there staring directly into my eyes

wild guppy/endler
wild betta
common pleco and rhino pleco
sailfin molly
mutt guppy
o yea btw i havent even had most of these fish
i havent had a wild guppy
wild betta
pleco
or sailfin molly i only had mutt guppies LOL

i also want to add cories because they are cute
learned a lesson from cories: the more the better

1 - L95 Orange Cheek Pleco - Very active, Colourful ( The orange is really emphasised under decent lighting ). Placid and fantastic community fish. Will literally destroy a whole courgette in 24 hours.
2 - Discus - just like having a bunch of adolescent children, pecking order tested and dominance shown to keep order. Colourful and a good community Fish but will show aggression to some other discus when pecking order is tested.
3 - Electric Blue Ram - fantastic colour, very inquisitive. A group of these can be a joy to watch especially when territory’s are breached. Obviously keep groups in a large aquarium.
4 - Corydoras- cute harmless and quite funny to watch when venturing around a sand bed looking for food.
5 - Types of Puffer Fish - I just like the way they look.

Top 5 for me, no particular order.

1. Betta channoides
2. Aphyosemion pyrophore
3. Betta patoti "Tanah Grogot"
4. Betta simplex "Type II"
5. Aphyosemion sp. "COFE 2010-23"
I am offended that Peanut betta didn't make it onto this list

Mine would definitely be

1. Cory Hastatus
2. Guppies
3. Plecos (blue phantoms, green phantoms, starlight, long fin albino, and super red bristlenoses)
4. Geophagus varieties
5. Discus
Corydoras hastatus are one of my favorites. They’re just so difficult to find. I’ve been waiting over a year to get my little guy some friends. He’s been shoaling with my green neons.

Corydoras hastatus are one of my favorites. They’re just so difficult to find. I’ve been waiting over a year to get my little guy some friends. He’s been shoaling with my green neons.
Same here! I have two:sad: if you are able to find any, anywhere, let me know!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back