Your Opinion Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mommyof2bettas

(\/)4R'/... betta freak
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting another cat (not that my parents would allow another one but couldn't help browsing my local shelter's available cats) Here are the little cuties:
Cat #1
Name:none
fur:long, white
been at the shelter since:Feb 12 2007
sex:male, neutered
Cat #2
fur:short, calico and brown tabby
been at the shelter since:Feb 8 2007
sex:female, unaltered
cat #3
Fur:brown tabby, shorthair
been at the shelter since:July 31 2006
sex:female, spayed
cat#4
Fur:shorthair, tortie and brown tabby
been at the shelter since:Feb 8 2007(sister of cat #2)
sex:female, unaltered
PICTURES (IN ORDER):

Attachments

• kitt.jpg
    kitt.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 82
  • kitt__.jpg
    kitt__.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 72
  • kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 74
none. because it's Mom and Dad's house--if they don't want another pet, then you can't have one. and it isn't fair to the cat to bring it home and then take it back again.

but so long as we're playing "hypothetical questions"... :rolleyes: it would ultimately depend on the cats you already have, but i always advocate getting adult cats from shelters because (1) kittens grow into adult cats in a year anyways and (2) older cats are generally more difficult to rehome as people tend to forget about #1.

Can cats be both tabby and tortie? I mean I know torties have tabby patches sometimes, but it doesn't mean it's a tabby.

From top to bottom - you have a tortie, and two tabbies.

Where's pic of the white one?

Can cats be both tabby and tortie? I mean I know torties have tabby patches sometimes, but it doesn't mean it's a tabby.

Where's pic of the white one?
There wasn't any pic for the white one and I just copied the info they gave at the shelter website.

The answer is yes, Tabbies come in many many forms. I have the most unusual Tabby that I have ever seen bred. Everyone who sees her is amazed at her markings. She is a Black Silver Tabby Torti.

This is her photo

DSCF3687.jpg

As for another cat...I'd not torture myself looking , enjoy the one/s you have ! My mother would have slapped us into a coma for even thinking it behind her back :hyper:

In her photos the 1st and 3rd pic are Brown Tabby Torti's

This is another pic of the Black Silver tabby Torti and her Sister who is a Black Smoke Silver Tabby

DSCF4155.jpg

DSCF4176.jpg

defiantly cat #3 its been there for ages since july 31st :sad:

sorry didnt seee about cat #3 its been in there for nearly its whole life :sad:

i always advocate getting adult cats from shelters because (1) kittens grow into adult cats in a year anyways and (2) older cats are generally more difficult to rehome as people tend to forget about #1.

I agree with you there. I currently have two housecats, both about 12 years old, and I volunteer at a local animal shelter on the weekends. When it's time for me to get new cats I will be going to the shelter, and will most likely adopt 1-3 year olds rather than kittens. The kittens go so quickly, the older cats deserve a chance. ;)

As for the choices of those cats you posted, Mommy, I wouldn't be able to decide!!

i always advocate getting adult cats from shelters because (1) kittens grow into adult cats in a year anyways and (2) older cats are generally more difficult to rehome as people tend to forget about #1.

I agree with you there. I currently have two housecats, both about 12 years old, and I volunteer at a local animal shelter on the weekends. When it's time for me to get new cats I will be going to the shelter, and will most likely adopt 1-3 year olds rather than kittens. The kittens go so quickly, the older cats deserve a chance. ;)

As for the choices of those cats you posted, Mommy, I wouldn't be able to decide!!

It depends, on what you want. There are so many things to decide: Do you base it off of coat color and description, personality, or for your own sorrows for the cat? It all depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I might like the white one.. love white cats!

I couldn't choose. I'd have to get one of the staff to decide, and bring it out to me!! If I set foot inside a cats home, i think they'd all end up coming home with me! I got my Toby from a dog sanctuary (he was dumped on their doorstep, so they were kind of stuck with him), and I only went in because i knew he was the only cat there!

The answer is yes, Tabbies come in many many forms. I have the most unusual Tabby that I have ever seen bred. Everyone who sees her is amazed at her markings. She is a Black Silver Tabby Torti.

This is her photo

DSCF3687.jpg

As for another cat...I'd not torture myself looking , enjoy the one/s you have ! My mother would have slapped us into a coma for even thinking it behind her back :hyper:

Yes, so like I said - it's a tortie. Not a tabby. A tortie is a mixture of different markings. It doesn't make it a tabby though. My point being there's no such thing as a tortie tabby, but you can have a tortie with tabby patches (most do). But they're just called...erm...torties.

Torties aren't that rare (maybe in the US I dont know?) - over here there's loads of torties, silver bits, orange bits, black bits - whatever - common as muck lol.

Yours is beautiful though :)

personally id have to get cat number 3 for the simple reason its been there the longest. well if its 9 months old then its been there most of its life and knows nothing else so its about time it knew what having a home and a loving owner was like, plus nobody else seems to want it if its been there that long :-(

when getting a shelter cat remember that its age is nothing to do with your decision,
they are in the shelter coz they have had a rough start in life or had a B****RD of an owner who didnt really give a damn, some are placed there coz their owner actually cares for them and put the cats needs before their own.

older cats are NOT harder to rehome, the shelter would never put it into an unsuitable home
my parents had 4 cats but now have 1
1 that was born into the family
1 unwanted by D**KH**D owner
1 stray that moved in when they werent looking(seriously) he lived in the airing cupboard until they found one day that was 15 years ago and hes only recently passed away
1 that is latest addition from shelter
the last two were the most miserable gits you could ever have and somewhat unfriendly but the 1 who died left my mum as a kind and gentle puss and the 1 shes left with has turned into a darling and returns the love and affection she recieved to turn her into a nice cat

so i say bull to the comment that older cats are hard to rehome

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back