Your Most Sad Moment In Fishkeeping

Anthony!

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Alabama, USA
When my first bichir went belly-up (Yo Bubba, wassup man... wait. . . . . . NOOOOOOOOOO) :-( :-( :-(
shoot,... I'm sad now :-(
 
when i bought my first tank and realised it would fall through the floor if i filled it...

Oh well never mind tank number 2 is cycling...
 
when i thought one of my ATbarbs was gonna belly up, when my bro tried to help and pored cold water declorinated water over it, but he made it after having a fit... :thumbs:
 
When our deformed stargazer 'Bong eye' died.....he was meant to be a stargazer but one eye pointed up and one pointed down.....he looked so crazy, he was the first fish Jude and I bought together but he died last year......we still have as video clip of him, Id post it if I know how to link to videos.
 
When my first pair of cons felt the heat when I was adjusting a new heater, turned it up too high, by the time I got home, one was dead in the tank, the other was dead on the floor :-(
 
I have had two sad moments in the last week....

Firstly, my female curviceps had what I thought was hole in the head, but as much as I tried over weeks and weeks to get her right, she just got worse and worse and now she is gone. I think she severely weakened herself spawning every single week for quite some time...

On Saturday I took my keyholes back to the LFS. My favourite fish, but bubbles made them go a bit nuts... Knowing this I had removed the air pump, and never used the bubbles on the filter.... but then last week they discovered the CO2 outlet... and once again they started chasing all the other fish again. Not an easy decision to make, but it was them or most of the other fish.
 
The many times I've moved countries and have to break everything down and rehome it. Once especially when I had quite a short notice and (at that time) no internet and handy forum at hand. So all my gorgeous fish went in buckets to the nearest fish shop (approx £300 worth of live stock) just handed over to them - without even as much as a thanks :/ and dumped my tank as I knew no one who wanted one :-(
 
having to knock several Neon Tetras on the head cause they had NTD. i know they are an inexpensive fish, but still.... theres little one can do when they got it and its best to prevent the spread !
 
On Saturday I took my keyholes back to the LFS. My favourite fish, but bubbles made them go a bit nuts... Knowing this I had removed the air pump, and never used the bubbles on the filter.... but then last week they discovered the CO2 outlet... and once again they started chasing all the other fish again. Not an easy decision to make, but it was them or most of the other fish.

i meant to ask this before.


how do bubbles make your fish chase other fish?
 
When Mick was upgrading my wee totty tank for my cold waters to the bigger tank downstairs. I came home excited about my new home for my wee fishes and was told that he couldnt find Tojo (my dojo loach) anywhere!! So convinced that he must have jumped I went up and looked everywhere around the tank on the floor as much as I could around the furniture. :-(

No sign of him! Gave up burst into tears (he was my fave fish!) spent the next 10 mins wrestling with myself about how I must find him and he cant just have disappeared(altho not unusual in our house) went back up stairs in floods of tears saying that I couldnt leave a dead fish lying around in my bedroom and I went for another look.

Hand went under chest of drawers and hit something slimy and wiggling! 20Mins he had been on the floor and was covered in dust and dog hair! WEll hidden right under the furniture!

Was one of my saddest moments followed by one of my happiest when he went into his new tank and has just grown in size and is one of my healthiest looking fish!!

But yes Big Mick When Bong eye went to the great pond in the sky was one of our saddest! the wee angel that he was and the start of it all! I will try to attach his vid! Bear with me might not work!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top