Yet Another Co2 Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

nurglespuss

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi all, well the CO2 system I set up is running on a solenoid, set up to come on an hour before lights and go off an hour before lights off.

Was bubbling away merrily last night, and this morning the solenoid switched on no prob, when the lights came on however, there were no bubbles, I had to adjust the flow rate to a higher setting to clear the back flow of water, and then reduce it back to a few bubbles/sec. Am I going to have to do this every morning? should I fit a second non return valve further up the line?

Cheers

IMAG0257.jpg

Those check valves are intended for air pumps, try and get yourself a brass one.

I suffer from the same problem that after the co2 has been off and comes back on i get bubbles in the bubble counter but then it stalls just before diffusing via the glass diffuser. Which then means i have to do the same of turning up the co2 just a little to get it going then back down again.

I also use one of the plastic check valves.

Could this be a problem created by the valve?

If so any recommendations / links to any valves ?

Cheers
LP

Mine actually gets past the valve though and pushes the water back down the tube. But when the glass diffuser starts to fill with co2 it just slows to a stop without any gas going into the tank.

So annoying this issue :D

I have gone back to diffusing via my powerhead for the time being.

LP

Hmmm yes that is irritiating!

I'll be popping into my local pets at home for a second non return valve (closer to the diffuser) that should help I think (until I can get hold of a brass one).

Problem solved on the back flow/not starting up in the morning front :) 2 non returns, 1 before the bubble counter, one above the water line before the diffuser.

Most reactions

Back