Yepezi Stingray

dulce

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi i have recently been posting for inspiration for my jewel rio 400 and while browsing today came across a yepezi stingray and wondered:

Do they really only get to 8 inches as they said in the shop !?!

There was 2 or 3 dead fish in there already and she looked very bony on and around her head (looked like ribs?) does this mean she is not eating ?

Will my tank eb big enough ?

What tank mates can they have ??

What do they eat?

Is sand ok as substrate as my tank has been cycling for about 4 months with sand couple of rocks and a few plants will this be ok for her ?

She seemed all one colour but having googled they seemed more pattern - could this be because she is juvenile??

she was so pretty but i would be soooo upset if something happened to it i thought more research was required !

thanks !

No they dont only reach 8 inches, for a female 15" is much more likely.

Never buy a ray that looks sickly or malnourished, always get the store to feed the ray before you buy it, if it doesnt eat leave it at the store, healthy rays should always be hungry.

Your tank isnt big enough for the long term keeping of any ray, but could house small juviniles for a year or two before they out grew it.

They can usually be kept with large non aggressive fish, anything that easily fits under the rays disc will probably be eaten.

Small rays eat bloodworm and small shrimp, larger rays eat most meaty items such as fish, mussels, prawns and cockles.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back