Yellow Water ?

greenbarb1

Reaction score
ok well, ive had tropical fish before, and recently started a new one, at christmas, and ive noticed that the water is yellow, does anyone know why ? is it the filter, do i need a new one or better one as its only a standard filter ? anything else i need to do, ive put it ammonia remover aswell, plus do you need to replace the sponge and ect in a filter every now and then ? thanks

If you change the filter you'll have to start cycling all over
Sometimes if your filter sponges get too gunked up they can leech back into the water causing it not to be clear, give them a rinse in old tank water you removed during water changes, see if that helps.
Also, what size is your tank, what substrate do you have & what fish do you have in it?

If you change the filter you'll have to start cycling all over
Sometimes if your filter sponges get too gunked up they can leech back into the water causing it not to be clear, give them a rinse in old tank water you removed during water changes, see if that helps.
Also, what size is your tank, what substrate do you have & what fish do you have in it?

just a 17 ltr, white stones, washed them our proper before i put them in, got one tiger barb, 2 peppered corys, 3 danios

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back