Yellow Tang Dorsal Fin Question

dangtfc

Reaction score
Hi all,

After extensive searching online I can't seem to find any answers to this question.

I picked up a Yellow Tang from my local dealer yesterday - had a look at him before I bought him and noticed nothing untoward.

After I put him into my tank I noticed a bubble, almost a little like a blister, right at the top of his dorsal fin. It can be no more than 3 or 4 mm in diameter.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Just wanted to say :hi: to the forum!! :# :hyper: :fun:

:fish: :band: :fish:

Sorry I don't know much about marine diseases yet. I've just started collecting peices for my first marine tank.
Do wish I could help, though :)

search marine ich on google, see if its like that.

search marine ich on google, see if its like that.

It doesn't look like Ich to me.

It's very peculiar really - from reading elsewhere I'm inclined to think that it may be a burn from the heater perhaps?

To be honest it's not behaving unusually or anything so I think I'll leave it for the time being and watch it's progress.

Anyone with an informed view let me know your thoughts! :D

Thanks for the welcome kj23502 :)

hope this helps.. just a theory really as i do work in a shop with mainly marine.. it could be that during transport it may have got a cut or scratch and its got infected and scarred over, nothing really to worry about, just a scar. i have had it happen to some fish of mine in the past, and also happens a lot to goldfish.

also.. what type of net did they use to put the fish in the bag, was it fine mesh or was it netting?

hope this helps.. just a theory really as i do work in a shop with mainly marine.. it could be that during transport it may have got a cut or scratch and its got infected and scarred over, nothing really to worry about, just a scar. i have had it happen to some fish of mine in the past, and also happens a lot to goldfish.

also.. what type of net did they use to put the fish in the bag, was it fine mesh or was it netting?

Thanks Danni, that might be the case. Was a fine mesh and it's a great shop tbh. Always good quality stock there.

I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow and post it up. The fish seems fine otherwise but I'm curious - could it be a birth defect or something?

Quite strange really I've never seen anything like it in having dozens of fish over the last few years.

Most reactions

Back