Yellow-bellied Turtles

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Does anyone have any expereince with yellow-bellied sliders? I've been reading up on them on the net but just wanted to see if anyone has any actual experience with them. Cheers.

i have 1,,only thing is i was told it wud be ok in a comunity tank,,it killed 10 guppies in 1 week,,

Hiya

I have a map and a yellow, they are great.

Im no expert but ive had them for over a year now with no problems..they are getting huge tho and this is now my third tank!!

What was it you wanted to know?

There are a few good sites on the net about turtles.

stretchybabe...ouch!!! alot of places that sell turtles havent got a clue have they!

Ann

got my yellow bellie the other day and loving it but yeah the femails can get to sizes of 12" the males usually smaller i feed mine on dillies and cabbage 1 dillie each day atm untill they get older then tone it down to 1 every other day also they need food with good calcium for ther shells (cuttle fish are ment to be good)
1 of the bigges warning i have found with the yellow bellies is when ther adults all terripins can give u a nast nip but the yellow bellies could acually have the end of ya little finger of it you aint careful :S
its best to handle them for 2 mins a day from a very young age to get them used to you so they dont snap so much when there older
make sure they have a fair bit of water 2 swim in and a nice bit of land for them to stand on. also try and kill the current a bit in the tank if it is small as i found that they cant swim to well in to strong currents
would also reccoment live plans for hiding in and eating :)
also if you go to buy 1 take yourself a plastic container as the store may try and give you him in a bag and thats no good as they have claws lol :)

hope this helps a bit ( i did alot of recerch)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back