Yamato shrimp in salt added aquarium

Chaz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
OK I went to the fish store stupidly with multiple tank sindrome and bought 4 of these guys :*) :*) :*) A HUGE mistake I have them in a tank with a molly, tetras (neaon) platies (female)zebra danios I also put in aqualibrium salt a special salt for the aquarium will this harm them? P.S my tank is not new

Chaz said:
OK I went to the fish store stupidly with multiple tank sindrome and bought 4 of these guys :*) :*) :*) snip

sorry, can't help you with the shrimp problem as it's out of my area but had to reply to give you +1 funny brownie point for your avatar.
:lol:

... hope someone can help you soon

Need to no more like how many gallons is the tank, what are your water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph, full stocking list please.

those tank stats don't really have much to do with it...

Your fine to add that salt with the shrimps in there.

Thanks, also all my tank stats are fine perfect ammonia 0.00 nitrite 0.00 nitrate0.00 ph 7.5 O.K so here goes Yesterday I found a shell of a shrimp (yamato) and I was wondering weather they shred or it was dead :unsure: ?Thanks

yeah all shrimps and lobsters and crabs shed there shells and will be hidding because this is when there most vulnarable because there new shell is growing and it is still soft so an easy meal for a fish

Yamato actually go down to the sea (estuary) to breed. So brackish water is perfectly OK with them.

And yes, they do shed their skins every couple of months.

Most reactions

Back