Xp2 Filter Issue

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

modernhamlet

Just this guy...
Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble getting their Filstar XP filter to run? Every time I prime my brand new XP2, it fills up almost completely, as you would expect. But once I plug it in, it will not pump water in or out of the tank. The impeller is clearly working fine and pumping water. Problem is, it's just moving the water around in the filter. The o-ring is fine.

Any suggestions?

hi
im sure our external filter is a filstar xp (rena) & ive found that if you get an airlock in it it wont pump water out into the tank .ie: you cant see any water coming out of the spray bar. the so called 'self primer' doesnt always work that well.
im not sure if your filter is the same as ours but does it have a bit at the top of your inlet pipe(will sit above the tank) that has a screw top?? if so if you undo this & top it up with water this flushes the air out of the system & your filter should work. ( do this before you turn your filter back on & dont forget to screw the top back on before you switch the filter on)
i find i have problems with air getting into ours everytime i clean the tank - even though i turn the filter off before i lower the water level of the tank. i always flush out the air through the screw cap port now & also flick the filter switch on & off a couple of times when restarting as this helps flush any air out too.
does this make sense???
if you need more help or some photos of what im on about please let me know

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back