X-Box Kinect......who Has One And What Do You Think Of It?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish
Reaction score
Well we decided to buy an X-Box and Kinect yesterday and love it!! :good: :good:

Thought we were going to be out of luck as the bundle of X-Box 250GB + Kinect and 3 games were all out of stock but a nice Manager at our local store let us have seperate items for the same bundle price :D
We played on the Adventures, Sport and Dance Central games last night and have to say that it`s really fun and I personally think the Kinect is a fantastic bit of kit.
Hubby has already ordered his MOH and COD games from Amazon so at least that`ll keep him busy :rolleyes: :lol:

Anyone else have the Kinect? If so what are your thoughts on it? :huh:

Because i was such a good boy Santa brought me one....I love it, think its amazing technology and we spent Christmas day with the whole family dancing around like idiots with the screen projected life size (Hi Def) with a projector onto the living room wall. Yes I did insist on the curtains being opened so the neighbours could see us showing off lol

This represents a giant leap forward in technology. First off it is better because you dont have to hold anything to allow you to interact with your game so thats a plus.
Secondly if you step back and think about it for a second and where this is all going. It can see you, it can hear you. Pretty soon it will be able to read your facial expressions and determine your moods LOL It could be part of your new age television and beam your picture onto big screens at sports events like your a virtual supporter.
This is emmense, YES its in it's infancy just now and it's only just the beginning, but there is no telling how far this first edition hardware can go.
Besides if it gets kids off their asses and your able to tell if there's life in the bedroom then that scores highly in my book.
C

to be honest this tech has been available for the last 10 years even nintendo passed on it (they were offered it 2 years ago) there is motion lag you need a large room to play it in and the games are mainly for kids (unless you want to keep fit)

im having more fun with the kinect hooked upto my pc

I haven't got one but was in Currys yesterday. I happened to be chatting about it to the guy who had just sold us a tv when a brother and sister (about 10 or 11 yo) started waving at it. Cute I thought, playing together instead of the usual arguing/fighting you'd normally expect. Anyway, after they got it set up the game came on..Boxing!!! She slaughtered him.
Looks like a really good bit of kit, though you pay the price for it at the moment. From what I gather, only certain games work with it(?)

That as may be but, it is going to become part of our future gaming like it or not....
There's nothing wrong with keeping fit, especially if it forms part of interactive gameplay.
The bums leave the seats. :lol: Kids exercising their muscles...whatever next.

I do think it`s an amazing piece of technology, I was gobsmacked at how clever it is when we were setting it up :hyper: (simple things and all that) :lol:
Hubby`s reaction to it was quite amusing when we were in Currys, he saw a couple of kids playing the bowling game and decided when they walked away that he`d have a go........and he was hooked! :lol:

I`ve ordered the fitness evolve , I have osteoarthritis in some of my joints and find it difficult to move as quickly as I used to so I thought it might help me stop feeling so stiff and sore a lot of the time......well that`s the theory anyway :unsure:

As BigC says, if it gets bums off seats and stops kids being so lazy it`s got to be good :good:

I do think it`s an amazing piece of technology, I was gobsmacked at how clever it is when we were setting it up :hyper: (simple things and all that) :lol:
Hubby`s reaction to it was quite amusing when we were in Currys, he saw a couple of kids playing the bowling game and decided when they walked away that he`d have a go........and he was hooked! :lol:

I`ve ordered the fitness evolve , I have osteoarthritis in some of my joints and find it difficult to move as quickly as I used to so I thought it might help me stop feeling so stiff and sore a lot of the time......well that`s the theory anyway :unsure:

As BigC says, if it gets bums off seats and stops kids being so lazy it`s got to be good :good:

you picked the best fitness game out the lot

Have you talked to it yet....

XBOX ON!.... XBOX OFF! :lol:

Now take a look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m31qhNJkiI&feature=related

you picked the best fitness game out the lot

Time will tell....or should that be.....my aches will tell :unsure: :lol:

Have you talked to it yet....

XBOX ON!.... XBOX OFF! :lol:

Now take a look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m31qhNJkiI&feature=related

Not sure it`s my kind of thing but great for get togethers :good:

It`s all very 'Minority Report' esque the way the hand controls movement :nod:

The point I'm trying to make is how far can this technology go it's still in its infancy what other everyday applications can this transpose into can you manipulate certain appliances from different parts of the house simply by waving your arms around, admittadly clumsily at the moment but given time it could be finely tuned and what can be achieved next. There are some clever people out there, unfortunately I'm not one of them :lol:

Not like Sony made the EyeToy ages ago or anything, nor like it had pretty much the exact same games, and was easier to set up and use.

We got an Xbox Kinect for the family for Xmas...absolutely love it.

I dont notice any lag with it though, thought it was pretty spot on really.

My youngest loves Adventures, he finished it too i think *L* Its a great laugh the whole family can get into...brilliant item and very pleased we chose to get one

Yes we all know the formulation for this technology was from our recent past but the niche has been created in this time and space and the buzz is with the XBOX Kenect at this particular moment. This may in turn be dropped by Microsoft and someone else takes up the reins and develops it further.

well MS has this planned to control the next windows release (ive already got it controlling win 7 100%) so you fail M$

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back