Writers

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have a publisher waiting to publish a book I've written about Vampires, but I keep missing the deadline with the final draft.
I'm about two years behind now but I'll finish it sometime!

Actually, this has given me a little inspiration to get on with it... maybe I'll just have another cuppa first though...

*procrastinates*

The true art of procrastination...

:D

Hmm...I like the idea of a "critique" thread/forum...I'd like to know how I can improve on my writing, if the style is in any way unique, etc, etc...

Well, I suppose I can put the starting of one of my books. My inspiration for the story is an old chimney that is in a cove beside our house. I'll take a picture of it some time. Anyhow. The story is going to be about things that happened with the cabin back in the 1900s. (This is a fictional story the only thing that is real is the chimney and where it is.) Anyway, here goes. Also it does not have a title.

There was a gentle breeze blowing across the valley. The fields with their corn rippled like waves on a lake. The willows with their graceful billowy branches moved with the breeze. There were drops dew on the grass which sparkled when the sun hit them. It was just after dawn. There were a few deer in a hollow back by an old rock chimney. Years before the cabin had fallen down and had disintegrated. There was a slab of marble beneath the chimney. It was blackened from many fires. The deer moved off as a family of four, riding their horses, rode up toward the hollow.
“Daddy, who owned that?” The little girl asked her father as she pointed to the chimney.
“Honey, that used to be where your great grandfather's home. I don‘t want to go into detail.” The man told his daughter.
“Will you please tell us about him?” The little boy asked.
“Mark, you always avoid telling about your family. Do tell us about it.” The man’s wife said to her husband.
“Well, if you all insist.” He said. “My grand father, your great grandfather, was born and raised in the cabin which used to stand there. His name was Aubrey Wellston. He would tell me stories about his life whenever I would come and visit him. There was one story which I loved the most.”

It's not much but it's all I feel like sharing at the moment.

I love reading all the different writing styles you all have. I was going to be an writer/editor for children's books before I switched over to zoology so one part of my heart will always be dedicated to writing. I've written many beginnings and middles, but nothing worth finishing. Snippits I call them. I have a couple of journals where I only write snippits and then if I like the idea, I refine it and switch it over to my laptop.

I don't want to post my own work because I'm deeply involved in a vampire novel right now and I need to pour all my thoughts out and re-arrange them so they make sense before it's ready for anyone else's eyes.

The work I'm into right now is about a college girl who finds out she's been infected with Naudra's Disease, more commonly known as Vampirism. I am trying to make it as biologically sound as possible. I want to make it almost plausible. So the story will go that she gets wrapped up in an illegal disease testing and figures out that some of the authorities are involved in possibly trying to control Naudra's Disease and infect the population for a price to extend life spans. A nice simple classic coming of age story, with a touch of romance, lots of action and intrigue. Sounds good? I'd read it if I wasn't writing it... :thumbs:

Wow! That sounds really awesome! I love vampiric stories, and yours sounds like it's going to be extremely good!

You'd better show me once you're finished!

Haha, I know what you mean--I was going to be one...but I went for the animal career instead. I love to critique other's writings...only I have lots of errors myself! =P

I LOVE to write. When I get my laptop back I'll have to post some snippets from one of my novels. I have about... 50 some odd books I'm working on. I have so many ideas. ;3

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back