Wow

FrAnK3333

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Went to my lfs and a had a silver arrowana for 11 dollars, last time I checked these guys get expensive.

Its a resonable price, Silver Arowanas are the cheapest of the Arowana group and don't command prices anything like the Black or Asain Arowanas, the later of which go for thousands.

it also depends alot on size...

at a Local seapets they had silvers in with yoke sacs still sttached at aorund 2inch which were £9.95

at work we currently have one at 8inch and has a tag for £40.

Well when I seen it I though about Puals sig and how he spent alot of money for it. Thought it was a deal. :sad:

I guess you saw a asian aro nuttyfishgirl!!

it's all down to the species Frank. Silvers come bottom, then blacks then arapaima gigas and then asian.

Silveres depending on size you can pick up for about £20-£40 for a good size one.
Blacks you can find for about £40-£70 for a small one.
Arapaima Gigas I have seen listed at £150
and Asian you can expect to pay from about £200 cheapest for a green then up to £2000 for crossbacks and other gorgeous patterns. Mines somewhere inbetween which would normally cost £800.

in case your wondering arapaima gigas are huge and can reach 10ft in the wild.

3443.jpg

a bit crude but shows there size nicely-
arapaima_gigas2.jpg

I haven't got one but they lose some colour as they get older i think where as asian are constantly gaining!!

I think Ryan still has his so maybe we'll get a pic of that!!

Where have you seen Arapaima gigas on sale!! These are a endangered species and there exportation/importation is highly restricted if not illegal.

You also missed out the Australian arowanas Scleropages jardini and Scleropages leichardtii which come in somewhere between silvers and Asians, small jardinis start at £40 to £50 with adults going for anywhere up to £500 depending on the colouring. S.leichardtii is on the endangered list and its export/import is highly restricted so when seen the prices reflect this.

I know i saw them somewhere with a tag of £150 i think it was, I can't remember now.

I knew I forgot one!! i always think of it as a asian as it's the same body shape.

That must be photoshopped, i hope it is anyway :/

Now that's just wrong ( I do hope it's photoshopped...)- they are beautiful fish though!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back