Wow, My Turn For A Terrible Series Of Events

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I was on top of the world 2 days ago! My bettas spawned, my baby brine shrimp hatched, I stumbled across a lone Snowball plec in LFS and snapped him up and collected my 9 homebred galaxy rasboras and they were beautiful, everything was looking great.

Then my betta ate the eggs. Spawn over.

Today my expensive shrimp pack arrived from ebay, most being around 2cm long. The auction stated fine with small community fish. They are so not fine. £30 down the drain... they are being eaten one by one, even the big ones... by small female bettas.

My experience with plants is not good, so I bought some riccia and without knowing or being told you have to float it to clump it before anchoring it, I anchored it and half of it floated away into a hundred tiny pieces now littering my tank and it looks awful.

I am feeling very deflated with it all!!
 
oh, bad luck
and you were so excited about your spawning too ( read your perverted sounding post lol),and dont let the seller get away with that,he mis sold you,by false advertising, they wernt fit for what he sold them as, tho maybe you should have done some research first tho ( sorry i get that one all the time)
i also had exactly the same problem with plants too,chucked the lot in the bin, but the seller leaves such disgusting feedback if you leave him a neg, i didnt bother..

tommorows another day
shelagh xxx
 
Boner, well, its a lesson or 2 learnt :) im sure from your mistakes many more will be avoided.
 
i bought from same seller and i bought bloodworm all were dead when i got them then second batch came and half of them were dead and this was the replacement.
seller total waste of time!
 
Well, you sound like me! Sorry, I am sure things will turn around soon enough though!

Ryan
 
i know i get so excited with spwans then feel so deflated.... canibals, riccia looks great till it grows and breaks free then spend the rest of time catching it with net lol
angel
 

Most reactions

Back
Top