'wow' Factor Fish. Suggestions?

BraddersRam

New Member
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey. Ive got a 30gal freshwater tank that quite heavily planted and I'm getting to the point where I think I'm nearly finished with stocking the fish.

I currently have 4 penguin + 2 Emporer tetra, 3 oto's, 2 clown loaches (i am fully aware of the potential loach size lol) and am perhaps thinking of adding some shrimp soon.

I am now looking for a fish that is kind of the tank highlight if you get me lol. At first I toyed with the idea of a puffer because of their personality, etc but looked into it and now no thats wasnt the best idea.

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions of a fish/fishes that would be suitable this because I dont really know where to start because there's so much choice...

Thanks :)
 
Paradise fish are really pretty - my LFS has 2 males in at the moment and I would buy them at a moments notice if I had space :(
 
If you have plenty of plants and caves to hide/live in then apistogrammas are definately the way forward. Generally you'd ideally have a male and a couple or three females. The males get fairly large and are territorial so no more than 1 male.
 
I personally think red-tailed sharks are very beautiful, but you would have to do more research to make sure they suit your tank.
 
I personally think red-tailed sharks are very beautiful, but you would have to do more research to make sure they suit your tank.


red tailed sharks are too big.... i would have either a pearl gourami, a pair of rams, or a t-bar cichlid
 

Most reactions

Back
Top