Would you or would you not run a 5k put on by high schoolers?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Would you run a 5k put on by my friends and I?

• Total voters

foxgirl158

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I thought I would ask this here, just to get a wide variety of people answering. Iā€™m in a group that is putting on a 5k, and we were wondering whether or not to prominently display that we are ā€œkidsā€. Without knowing me or my friends, would you run a 5k put on by us?
EDIT: We are planning on donating the proceeds to a local charity, (I.E animals shelters, homeless shelters, immigrant support, etc. Also planning on T-shirts :) )

(Just FYI, I am over the age limit for this forum)

Last edited:
Iā€™m doing a 5K in like a week, but itā€™s to raise money for Lawrenceburg. I think people would be more motivated to pay and join up for the race if they 1) got a T-Shirt with the name of the race and the cause, and 2) If the entry fee went to a good cause. (Cancer research, homeless shelter, animal shelter, etc)

Iā€™m doing a 5K in like a week, but itā€™s to raise money for Lawrenceburg. I think people would be more motivated to pay and join up for the race if they 1) got a T-Shirt with the name of the race and the cause, and 2) If the entry fee went to a good cause. (Cancer research, homeless shelter, animal shelter, etc)
Iā€™ve edited my main post to clarify some points lol, forgot to add itā€™s for a charity, etc.

Honestly it could go either way.

Some people will be "hey look at the good thing these kids are doing, we need to support that" others will might be the complete opposite and not trust that some "kids"could do a good job of it. Not sure which would be the bigger group.

Great work though!

Honestly it could go either way.

Some people will be "hey look at the good thing these kids are doing, we need to support that" others will might be the complete opposite and not trust that some "kids"could do a good job of it. Not sure which would be the bigger group.

Great work though!
I agree, and thatā€™s what the adults who moderate us were saying as well. I thought I would ask here just to get an idea, since itā€™ll be strangers signing up for it and everyone here is strangers too lol. And thank you! We are really excited to get it up and running next spring :D

Iā€™ve edited my main post to clarify some points lol, forgot to add itā€™s for a charity, etc.
Awesome! Would also depend on the entry cost. How much would you be charging?

Awesome! Would also depend on the entry cost. How much would you be charging?
We haven't quite figured that out yet, we're still in the very very beginning stages lol. Thinking maybe around 7-12ish dollars? Very unsure on that point ATM.

I think it's an awesome idea! I would do it (if I ran) and I'm sure there are some supportive people willing to take the chance on doing it. After all, the worst they get out of it is some good exercise - the most they get out of it is helping a good cause and encouraging philanthropy among young people, which is always a good idea.

Iā€™m an endurance guy. I play soccer competitively at a high level, and run 2 miles in the beginning of my practice. I would totally reck my competitors! I would do it. And if your not great with running, why not just have some fun!

We haven't quite figured that out yet, we're still in the very very beginning stages lol. Thinking maybe around 7-12ish dollars? Very unsure on that point ATM.
Well, it would have to cover the initial cost of the T-Shirt and then any waters/papers you plan on providing.

The one Iā€™m doing is $25 per person just to give you context.

Well, it would have to cover the initial cost of the T-Shirt and then any waters/papers you plan on providing.

The one Iā€™m doing is $25 per person just to give you context.
$15-25 is pretty standard around here. For $25 I expect a pretty well-put-on race, though: Interesting and clearly marked course, goodies at the finish, and some nice swag (shirt, bottle, that sort of thing). If foxgirl & friends are just wanting to raise a quick few bucks for charity, though, and they're new at putting on races and don't want all that pressure, make it $10-15. Find someone local who has experience putting on races, like your school's cross country coach or a member of the local running club, offer to buy them a cup of coffee (or whatever the friendly treat is where you are), and pick their brain. If you have a local t-shirt place, sometimes you can get a deal on shirts. Same goes for treats at the finish: Sometimes local businesses will donate in exchange for a bit of publicity. Business owners in small towns and neighborhoods tend to be pretty cool about that sort of thing if it's for a good cause.

I had 2 ACL surgeries due to basketball injuries, so I literally can't really run anymore (in fact, doctors told me not to). I ride my bike instead now, but this is the kind of thing many people in your area should be enthused about. :)

I had 2 ACL surgeries due to basketball injuries, so I literally can't really run anymore (in fact, doctors told me not to). I ride my bike instead now, but this is the kind of thing many people in your area should be enthused about. :)
Bummer! Glad you can still bike. Injuries are the pits.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back