Would This Be Possible?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-cAtFiSh-

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a 24ish gallon high tank (2ft long by 1ft wide by..something high..not sure of the exact dimensions) and in it I just have harlequins, neons and a bn pleco. I've had the harlequins and neons for a few years and I'm wanting something a little more...interesting I guess.
So I was thinking of taking the neons and harlequins to my LFS and replacing them with some new fish (I'll be keeping the bn).
I was wanting an angelfish, an African butterfly fish and maybe a Bolivian ram.
Would that be possible? Or would that be overdoing it (stocking capacity wise). And would there be any problems with aggression? Considering they would occupy different regions of the tank I doubt there would be any problems aggression wise but I just want to make sure.

In a perfect world I would just get a new, bigger tank. But money and space (and parents) are an issue..

No I don't want links to compatibility websites I just want someone to tell me if my planned set up would work.
I'm just going to try it anyway.

The think the ram and the african butterfly fish would be fine with each other, however, I'd be a little concerned that the angelfish might mistake the butterfly fish's rays for food and nip at them. Why not get a pair of rams and the butterfly fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back