Would This Be Overstocked?

windhopper

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
221
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey all, i've got a juwel rekord 800 (110 litres) and ive been planning what to stock it with, currently its got 6 minnows and 5 guppies. My final list is:

WCMM: have 6 may get a few more
Guppies: Have five (will not get more as guppies are guppies)
German Blue rams: Would like to get a pair
Sterbai Corydoras: Would like to get a group maybe 6
Emperor Tetras: Again would like a shoal maybe 6 or so.

Do people think this would over stock the tank? Or would it be alright?
Thanks, Jorel
 
Have a look at the community creator on thinkfish.co.uk
 
The thinkfish community creator thinks I can put 99" of fish in my 125L tank :crazy: so probably isn't the best LOL

To the OP while I don't know how much bioload the rams will have I personally don't think you'd be too bad with your plans.
 
Looks ok to me, not overstocked providing you stock with the new fish slowly, have good filtration and keep up a good water change regime, I also suggest adding the rams last as they prefer a more mature tank.
 
Looks ok to me, not overstocked providing you stock with the new fish slowly, have good filtration and keep up a good water change regime, I also suggest adding the rams last as they prefer a more mature tank.

The filter is an internal one that is santard with the tank, it looks like its quite strong and the fish have learned to avoid it or risk sticking to it lol.Thanks and will add the rams in last :)

As for that stocking calculator it reckons i can double up everything i had in mind - somehow i think the fishes maybe abit cramped if i followed that, especially as the guppies will be guppies and multiply anyway lol. Thanks again everyone
 
if its new then it wont be as stable as a maturer tank, and it over exaggerates stocking

and over stocking is the biggest cause of ammonia spikes
 
if its new then it wont be as stable as a maturer tank, and it over exaggerates stocking

and over stocking is the biggest cause of ammonia spikes

oops it actually does say internal 2 posts ago, duh, been a long day :rolleyes:
anyway mr know it all, I do know about overstocking and ammonia, I was keeping fish when you were in nappies... OMG I AM SO OLD :(
 
I don't caaaaaaare, I just realised how old I am, nothing matters anymore!

Aww you cant be that old... well not old than my great gran lol. Remeber with age comes wisdom :) (something i seem to be lacking lol)
 
I don't caaaaaaare, I just realised how old I am, nothing matters anymore!

Aww you cant be that old... well not old than my great gran lol. Remeber with age comes wisdom :) (something i seem to be lacking lol)

LOL yeah I THOUGHT with age came wisdom til I really people half my age know more than about a hobby I've been doing since they were on pureed food lol
 
It's OK - mermaids are ageless...

Edit: and (barring the risk of water-wrinkles from always having one's head in various tanks,) doesn't the moisture help keep you youthful?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top