Would Like To Recommend An Lfs

karigupi

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Northants
We took a trip out to Maidenhead Aq in p'boro yesterday.

Me, hubby & all three kids & we loved it :good:

We got there at opening time & were looking at the marine fish when a staff member came round to handfeed the puffers, he invited us to watch, then took us over to see the ray being fed too, the kids loved it.

There must be over 100 tropical tanks, full with very healthy fish, they all have details listed for required tank size, diet, water conditions etc :good:

A large knowledgeable group of staff too. We will be going back in a few weeks to buy lots of fishies. :rolleyes:

I know alot of people have been disappointed with their LFS, so I just wanted to say there are some really good ones out there too & I highly recommend this one if you are over this way.
 
If only I was closer :(

I am testing a LFS out at the minute, I have spent quite alot of money with them and they seem to be talking to me more and more when I come in - So hopefully they will be-friend me and help me out.

If not and they are like the rest :(:( Then I will try the next place.
 
On tropical fish finder, the p'boro MH comes up as stocking almost every fish available! I have seriously considered a trip, but it's an hour and a half!
 
maidenhead in teignmouth is excellent to me
they cant do enough to help - i'm disabled cant walk far so always go in in my wheelchair :)

will order anything i want - if its available

always friendly and phone me when they get something in i might be interested in and i get several freebie sample packs of food when i go there
 
We took a trip out to Maidenhead Aq in p'boro yesterday.

they all have details listed for required tank size, diet, water conditions etc :good:

A large knowledgeable group of staff too. We will be going back in a few weeks to buy lots of fishies.

Maidenhead Aquatics are one of my LFS' that I've been using for ages, so I thought I'd point out a couple of things:

The required tank size, diet etc isn't always accurate in my experience of them. And whilst some staff are knowledgeable, others give out information confidently thats misleading or plain wrong.

Don't get me wrong - I like MA, whilst their fish stock isn't as good quality as other places they've got a good range of healthy fish and sometimes the advice is accurate. That said I would never buy a fish based upon the word of someone in an LFS, even those that I've got good advice from before - theres alot of fish out there, and there aren't many LFS employee's who've kept all of those fish in their home aquaria. Always check yourself online or on here.
 
maidenhead in teignmouth is excellent to me
they cant do enough to help - i'm disabled cant walk far so always go in in my wheelchair :)

will order anything i want - if its available

always friendly and phone me when they get something in i might be interested in and i get several freebie sample packs of food when i go there

I second this, although I dont get the freebies. :-(

Mike
 
maidenhead in teignmouth is excellent to me
they cant do enough to help - i'm disabled cant walk far so always go in in my wheelchair :)

will order anything i want - if its available

always friendly and phone me when they get something in i might be interested in and i get several freebie sample packs of food when i go there

I second this, although I dont get the freebies. :-(

Mike

you will when you get more tanks and spend £50 a time when you fo there lmao
 
Maidenhead Aquatics in St Albans is my best, massive fish and tank selection, staff seem to know there stuff. I always seem to get some deal or another when I'm there.

I think overall, from what people say on here, Maidenhead are one of the best out there.
 
Maidenhead Aquatics in St Albans is my best, massice tank selection, staff seem to know there stuff. I always seem to get some deal or another when I'm there.

I think overall, from what people say on here, Maidenhead are one of the best out there.

Go to Wildwoods and compare stock with MA - you'll have a new favourite LFS. They're down in crews hill, not far off the Potters Bar junction of the M25.

MA St A and Wildwoods are my two LFS, and whilst MA is pretty good, the quality of Wildwoods livestock is enough to take your breath away. More expensive than MA but definately worth the extra.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top