Would Like Recommendations For Small Growing, Colourful Fish!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
In my tropical tank, i have bought a lot of fish that have argued, fought and fallen out which have ended up dying or being brought back to the shop

it's a 15 gallon planted
my tank also lacks colour at the moment
i want some very colourful fish, which will be very peaceful and friendly with the fish i already have:

6 harlequin rasboras
2 cardinal tetras (had 6 but 4 were eaten by a kribensis)
1 leopard cory (3 died)
1 small gibbiceps pleco- 2inch
1 chinese algae eater- 1.5inch

I also have one kribensis which is going back to the shop because he will finish off my cardinals if he goes back in the tank
I had dwarf gouramis who died, i would consider these again, i would also like to get more cardinals and cories.

Anyone got suggestions?

I want colour and peace!

More Cardinals & more corys will be needed as these fish are best kept in groups.

If you want more the Melanotenia Praecox as mentioned above are nice fish, (and I've just ordered myself some more :) )

Melanotaenia%20Praecox%20combat.jpg

The males tend to have these red tipped fins, and the females have yellow tipped fins :)

I'd take a photo of mine for you, but their light is already out, and either I or my camera aren't very good- lol

I'd rehome the Plec as it will eventually outgrow your tank.
If it is a true Chinese alga eater, then I would also rehome as they can become very aggressive when they mature and cause havoc in your tank.
I would up the number of Cardinal Tetras to 6 and also up the number of Cories to 5-6 as they are both better in numbers.

i would go for the preacox i am getting some of them when i have sold my breeding cons stunning little fish

Hi Carp4U :)

If you need corys and want some color and if your tank is between 75-82 degrees F., C. sterbai is a good fish for you. Like all corys they need to be kept in a school.

CSterbai2.jpg

If that's not bright enough for you, you might be lucky enough to find some C. aeneus (orange lazer). They look like they have neon lights embeded in their sides. They do well in temperatures from 72-78 degrees F.

Goldline1.jpg

get some Boesemani Rainbow's. I got some the other week. AMAZING! photos do not do justice!

boesmanis are a no no for a 15gal tank as they can reach at least 4" they should be in a tank of at least 40-45gal as they need a lot of swimming space

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back