Wormslayer Meets The Community !

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Wormslayerâ„¢

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Ok so I found the fish forums lol, I’m new to these forums but not the net and other forums I have over 8 years behind me at running other sites, designing sites and so on.

I’ve had cold water tanks for years but never really looked into my fish much only to see what they need to be happy and so on, about 3 months ago I acquired a Hagen Tropiquarium 68 Aquarium you can view the details on this aquarium on this Link (sorry if we are not allowed to link to other sites).

I have included a basic pic of my aquarium I have so far, 4 Guppies (2 male 2 female), 2 Black Mollies (1 male 1 female), 14 Neon Tetra (one passed away lol), 3 Plecos and 2 Male Dwarf Gourami.
mytank.jpg

Recently I witnessed one of my female Guppies give birth, sadly her first litter is it called? didn’t do to well due to me being at work and no one being about to help out with moving her out of the breeding trap and so she ate all of her babes I did save 3 but she soon got pregas again and I moved her back into the trap to soon and she got 2 out of the 3 I managed to save. The one surviving baby has now been placed into the aquarium along with all the other fish and is doing just fine.

Ok I have many questions for you all regarding different things and I hope I will receive a nice welcome and help from most of you, I don’t know a lot like I said but there’s lots I do know about other things (net related) so I’ll gladly give my help where and when I can. Keep an eye out for my other posts on and about the forums and if there’s something you can help me with please do and I’ll endeavour to do the same should there be something you guys need.

Thanks again,

Lee Roberts

hi worm slayer what type of gravel is that in your tank, or is it sand?

Hiya,

Ok it is sand yes you’ve jogged my mind about something as well that you may or may not be able to answer...

When I had a cold water tank I had stones little coloured ones, when at the LFS they advised me not to take the sand I picked up and to take the sand I now have, because it would be better for the fish I had at the time as it was better at NOT changing the PH of the water.

What I would like to know though is what type the sand is there was only 2 to choose from do you know if there is only 2 types we can use or ?

MySand.jpg

Aww it's a tiny little plec! I was wondering about having him in a small tank but he's mini.
Bless.

Hey Suzie!

I was reading some of your posts today as it go's, yea my bigger plec of the 3 is small. I have 2 others in the tank as well they are very small.

Suzie as I read more and learn more I’m starting to think I made a bad choice getting 3 Plec's in such a tank as mine, please would you be so kind as to advise me on this as I’ve now learnt that Plec’s will out grow there tanks quite easily.

If this is the case then I’m going to feel bad knowing I maybe putting them under stress please advise me, I’m based in Milton Keynes so if I did do the wrong thing by getting 3 would you be willing to or have the space for them in your setups ?

Let me know if you could do with seeing how big they are and i'll put up a better pic of them for you to take a look at.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Most reactions

Back